Mythical and Fantasy Roleplay discussion

The Royals > The Kingdom of Hulduheim

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~ | 115 comments Mod
For the members who have created Royal's, there is now a place for them. The Kingdom of Hulduheim!
description

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 28 comments
Holda sat alone on her throne, the one next to her's empty, with the crown of Hulduheim's king sitting on the cushion. Her Aigil was taken from her by her very own sister, the damn Iarnvidia whom her parents banished for her insanity and bloodlust. She was unfit to rule, and so she stole Holda's love of her life. Dead, poisoned, and more over impaled by a blade, decapitated, then had his corpse flayed. She shuddered at the sight. She had returned home from a day out in the village with her handmaidens to gather things for her newborn, to find the mutilated corpse of her beloved husband in his throne, twisted in inhuman angles. She nearly wept at the memory.

Holda smiled at Lila, one of the youngest servants in the Fortress of Ulda. The Widow Queen nodded, "Please wake and feed lil Mara, she has been napping since noon." Mara, her only child by Aigil, was a small thing of six years, with her father's tabby cat's tail and her mother's red royal hair. The heiress slept in her cradle in the nursery, as she was babied heavily by her mother.

(just fyi, plz don't powerplay my characters.)

Mara followed the servant, who had become more of a big sister to her in recent years, into the kitchen. The darkling child showed no emotion. Most said it was due to the constant assassination attempts and her mother's broken heart from her father's murder. In truth, it was because she, like her true mother, was soullessly evil at her core.

(You read my mind with that...hehe, also approve of the no surnames and such, although since Huldufolk are Norse in origin, maybe mention a few norse or germanic names.)

Mara felt odd, and became rather dizzy. she had not realized how hungry she was, or how her empty tummy hurt. The little princess began to sob softly, eventually growing to her crying, with tears running down her face.

In the throne room, Queen Holda, of the House of Ulda, the first of the Huldufolk, sat contemplating the fate of her older sister, should she be captured.

Spying the food, Mara gobbled it down almost monstrously, stuffing his face still her cheeks were puffed like a chipmunk's.

Hold thought on Lila, and her devotion to the royal family it its most desperate time of need. A girl like that needed to be rewarded.

After much contemplation, Queen Holda decided Lila would be rewarded with becoming her personal handmaiden. She'd tell the young girl next time they saw each other.

Mara walked over and tugged on Lila's sleeve.

(FYI Huldufolk can cast huldren, a spell that confuses others, in strong enough doses, it can drive elves and humans insane)

Mara pointed to the tray, "I finished," she deadpanned. Her tone held no child-like joy or innocence, only serious emptiness one could expect from an old man, beaten down by a long, hard, thankless life. She gave an smile, which was odd and seemed out of place, given her cold demeanor and tone of voice.

The Queen sat in the dining room, awaiting her meal. She rarely ate these days, and when she did, her meals were small. She had no appetite due to her great loss.

"Lila, how long have your family served my own?" The Queen of Ulda asked. She didn't look at the servant girl, only straight ahead. Mara sat next to her mother, across the table from where Lila stood. Mara's face was also somber, like her mother's tone.

message 11: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:35PM) (new)

"T w e n t y f o u r y e a r s." Said the Queen, enunciating every syllable separately. "And do you...enjoy your work?" She asked, "Your mother and father met and fell in love in service to my mother and my father. The same might one day be said for your children...unless a life of servitude to the family of Ulda is not what you want?"

She nodded, then looked at Lila, "Is that true? If given the offer, would you pursue another career? A life outside of the citadel walls?" She asked sternly.

She nodded, "Then it is settled, Lila, you shall be my personal handmaiden and caretaker of the Crowned Princess, Mara." Holda said, locking eyes with Lila, "I also suggest taking up swordplay with Bjorn, as my sister and her assassins might call for you to know self defense."

She beckoned the darker skinned hulderkall over. He stood before her and bowed at the waist, "My Queen...I will teach this...Lila the way of the sword, as you command it, so shall it be." He said. The olive skinned elvin man had markings on his body and face, one could not tell if they were tattoos or scars, but they were clearly ceremonial and religious in nature.

Holda gave a slight smirking smile, and began eating, "You are dismissed," she said after her first bite of food.

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 28 comments 『Bɪɢ ● Bᴀᴅ ● Wᴜʟғɪᴇ』 wrote: "Holda gave a slight smirking smile, and began eating, "You are dismissed," she said after her first bite of food."