What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. book series on fairies (paranormal) [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April Mathes (aprilmbm) | 11 comments I read the book last year and I know it's a series. A girl is taken to the human world as a baby and raised in a foster home with what she believes is another foster friend. one night she goes to either a bar, club, or coffe house and the winter fairy Prince sees her and hits on her and he tells her she's a fairy. the person she grew up with is actually a fairy as well and was friends with her mother. her mother was the summer fairy princess and had died. she had a romance with someone from the winter court which was forbidden. the main girl is then taken to the fairy world and leads others to believe she is the daughter or niece of a servant. at the end of the hook she finds out the reason she can never have a relationship with the Prince is because he's her brother. I. don't know if the second book ever came out. please help me. thank you

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 18, 2016 09:09AM) (new)

I dont think this is the book but if u liked that one maybe I'd like this one too. Is a series.
Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black Holly Black they have some similarities

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36031 comments Mod
Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow? Frost series link - https://www.goodreads.com/series/5225...

One Goodreads reviewer says, "Breena is dreaming about a wonderful place where she's a little girl dancing with a young boy. The boy turns out to be Prince Kian, the Winter Prince whom she will marry. Breena has never fit into her life as a regular teenage girl in Oregon. Turns out it is because she once lived in Feyland, where she is half-fairy, and the Princess to the Summer Court. Since her banishment from Feyland, war between the Summer and Winter Courts had broken out...."

Search on www.worldcat.org - Subject: fantasy, Keyword: winter summer fairy, Fiction, Book, English

message 4: by Melissa (last edited Jul 18, 2016 10:21PM) (new)

Melissa Sweigart | 4 comments This sounds like it might be the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. The Iron Fey Volume One: The Iron King / The Iron Daughter

It's been a while since I have read it, but it features a teen femake main character who is half summer court fey, who was raised in the human world and she falls in love with a winter court prince after she is brought back to the fairy realm. Her best friend was Puck/Robin Goodfellow in disguise as a human.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

message 5: by April (new)

April Mathes (aprilmbm) | 11 comments I've read all of these stories as well and they ARE great reads. Unfortunately they aren't the books I'm looking for. Thank you anyways. The hunt continues! :)

message 6: by April (new)

April Mathes (aprilmbm) | 11 comments ....

message 7: by Kris (new)

Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

The group's rules are on our homepage - https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 8: by April (new)

April Mathes (aprilmbm) | 11 comments The book was Work of Fate by Samantha Britt. Thanks for yalls help. I highly recommend you read it!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Glad you found your book, April. Here's the link - Work of Fate: Dual Court Kiss II by Samantha Britt.