Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 16: Through the Trapdoor (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

Oh the irony of them needing to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion. lol
I can definitely understand why Harry is so frustrated with them not realizing that You-Know-Who is trying to come back. They've lived their lives either not knowing about him (Hermione) or believing he's dead (Ron).
I still don't quite get the riddle... lol
"Books! And cleverness! There are more important things -- friendship and bravery and -- oh Harry -- be careful!"

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
I didn't get the riddle either. So I had to look it up!

If you are interested the Potion Puzzle is explained here:

http://pottermore.wikia.com/wiki/The_...

Thank you Lena! That makes so much more sense getting that explanation for the poisons!

message 5: by Ria (last edited Sep 27, 2016 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Oh, I did a presentation on the Discworld, the HP series and ASoIaF for English class last year and there was a quiz at the end to see who's been paying attention and Snape's puzzle was the last part of the quiz. I handed out sheets of paper with the puzzle itself and the last slide of the presentation was an image of the bottles. It was very HP-themed, 'cause I'd "sorted" the class into the four Houses by drawing names from the "Sorting hat". And, of course, the House which got the most points in the quiz got the House cup, which was basically a tall glass full of candy :D I'm so proud of that presentation. It was about an hour and a half long but everyone was paying attention 'cause of the quiz and... yeah, not to brag, but I've earned myself the reputation of someone who makes really cool presentations :D Needless to say, it took hours and hours of preparation and I was panicking I won't make it at the end. Totally worth it.

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Wow wonderful idea Ria...I have to do this with my students.They will love it! And you should definitely brag...that was excellent! Well done!

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments LENA wrote: "Wow wonderful idea Ria...I have to do this with my students.They will love it! And you should definitely brag...that was excellent! Well done!"

Aw, thank you. If you do it, I'd love to know how it turned out!