Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 08: The Potions Master (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I'm so amused by the fact that the place I was born is mentioned in this chapter! Can anyone guess? It's mentioned by Neville when he's telling us about his story prior to Hogwarts ;)

Snape has a serious problem with Harry. Why would he know all those things right off the bat?
Also- love the snark he gave him! lol

Elizabeth- I didn't see anything from Neville yet, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out so I can guess!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth You know I should have said that in Chapter Seven not this one! :') Anyway hope you're enjoying it! You're right about Snape! it seems so unfair to push Harry the way he does.. Good to know Harry can be just as quick though.

Blackpool?

message 7: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Well spotted ;)

lol How fun to see something like that tho!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth It's good you understand my excitement :')

Always! I love reading Lois Duncan books because she references my state/city a lot and the books take place (for the most part) within my region (the 4 corners part of the southwest).

message 11: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
If I were attending Hogwarts I think Potions would be my least favourite subject. Not because of Snape. I just think it would be too boring and too messy. Who needs potions when you can perform spells after all?

Snape, man you make it so easy to hate you.

message 12: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blackpool??? I just googled it! It looks so beautiful Elizabeth!!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth He gives us reason enough to hate him! I'll be doing some research into that author then Brianna!!

And yes, it mostly is!! Not so great weather but I love it!

message 14: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

Weather is an important factor indeed but it would be nice to go there once in a while! Especially if you have memories from your childhood! How long did you stay there? I most certainly would like to visit it!

I think I may like Potions only because it reminds me a lot of baking-very specific (compared to cooking) and I love to bake. I love the precise nature of it.

Lois Duncan is who wrote I Know What You Did Last Summer!

message 16: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I think you'd like it! Do you travel a lot? I moved here when I was three and have lived here ever since!
That's a nice way of thinking about it Brianna, I like it! You can probably get quite creative with potion making! And thank you, will definitely be looking into him! Recognise that book

message 17: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've never thought of it like this Brianna. I love baking!

Oh you were so young when you moved! Unfortunately I don't travel a lot Elizabeth. It's an expensive hobby. I mostly travel around Greece (Greek islands in particular) and I have been to Czech Republic, UK (London), Turkey (Bodrum), Bulgaria and Albania. These days I have become obsessed with the idea of visiting Italy.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth It's an interesting new look at it!

Of course, I understand! But I would recommend Italy! It's beautiful!

message 19: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments LENA wrote: "I've never thought of it like this Brianna. I love baking!

Oh you were so young when you moved! Unfortunately I don't travel a lot Elizabeth. It's an expensive hobby. I mostly travel around Greece..."

Oh, wow, where have you been in Bulgaria? (I feel like such a stalker just jumping into the conversation like that :D)

I always thought of Potions as the wizarding version of Chemistry. I've always loved that subject, even chose my high-school based on that passion, but I wonder now if it had something to do with all that time spent reading Harry Potter. Like maybe I like Chemistry as a result of reading about Potions, rather than the other way around.

That's definitely another way of looking at it Ria!

message 21: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria wrote: "LENA wrote: "I've never thought of it like this Brianna. I love baking!

Oh you were so young when you moved! Unfortunately I don't travel a lot Elizabeth. It's an expensive hobby. I mostly travel ..."

I loved Bulgaria Ria!!! I visited Bansko and Sandanski!