Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 02: The Vanishing Glass (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

Dudley is seriously manipulative. lol

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Dudley- Duddy--sweetums-Dinky Duddydums...Awful parents. This kid is going to be seriously damaged. He is already a bully. I kinda feel sorry for him.He would have been much happier hanging out with Harry instead of making him his "punch-bag"

Keeping Harry in the cupboard under the stairs? How cruel was that? They must have hated him since the day they found him outside their house. I hate the Dursleys and everything they stand for.

I am not a Dursley fan either. Its impressive how much dislike there is for them already, just 2 chapters in!

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Well all they care about is what their neighbors will think about them. They punish a boy just because he exists. They are even abusing their son (in a different way maybe but still...).
I remember the first time I read this I kept thinking how unreal it seemed. and then I realized there are actually people out there doing far worse stuff.

I agree Lena. At the time, I couldn't understand and it was the worst thing ever. But now as an adult, it's actually not the worst thing... (sad to say)