Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Order of the Phoenix > Order of the Phoenix: General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
This thread is for general discussions about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Starts→ TBD

message 2: by Brianna (new)

I just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and am excited to start this next installment. However, my copy was loaned out to a friend and it doesn't look like I'm getting it back anytime soon. I have a hold on the ebook version from my library so I hope to get that in the next week or two.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sweet! I can't wait to start

message 4: by Brianna (new)

My hold at the library came in WAY quicker than I thought (YAY!) so I will be starting this pretty much today! I'll only have a few weeks to read it so I'll definitely be going through this pretty quick compared to the others.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Okie dokie. I will probably start a little later. In March sometime.

message 6: by Brianna (new)

I can return it and re-borrow it closer to when you're planning on reading it. I was honestly hoping to have the hold to take awhile. lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna wrote: "I can return it and re-borrow it closer to when you're planning on reading it. I was honestly hoping to have the hold to take awhile. lol"

Once I finish Cloud Atlas I can start this one. I have to return it to the library soon, and didn't start it. haha. I hope I can finish it the first week in March. :)

message 8: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments So you guys will be starting soon? I am nearly finished with An Interrupted Friendship, so I will be able to start reading HP and the Order of the Phoenix next week. I'm super excited for this one because I only read it once about 7 or 8 years ago and I'm not even sure I've watched the movie, so I remember nothing about the plot. (Well, I know what the Order of the Phoenix is, but other than that...)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I could start next Saturday. If that is okay?

message 10: by Ria (last edited Feb 25, 2017 01:49PM) (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Alex Farrand wrote: "I could start next Saturday. If that is okay?"
Well, I could wait for you and read a short book in the mean time. I have started Le Petit Nicolas anyway, or I could maybe read one of the Discworld novels, I've been yearning for Sir Pratchett's writing for a while.

message 11: by Brianna (new)

I'll go ahead and re-request the copy from the library and will hopefully have it within 2 weeks (holds are for 3 weeks and it's an ebook so it automatically gets returned-they can't forget to give it back. lol)

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) I also want to read this. I can start when you guys start as I've got a copy. I'll follow this post to see when you're ready to start.

message 13: by Brianna (new)

Somehow my grandma had an extra copy of this installment so I am ready to start whenever everyone else is!

message 14: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments I just finished the book I'd been reading for the past few days, so I'll go ahead and start HP and the Order of the Phoenix

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) I can start it too

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be right behind, y'all.

message 17: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Hey y'all! I had a lot of studying to do this weekend, so, naturally, I ended up reading the 400 pages of HP and the Order of the Phoenix I had left instead. Should I go ahead and post some discussion questions for the end of the book thread? I did find quite a few questions, but some of them were quite long and not all were particularly interesting or relevant, so I can maybe mix it up a little and choose from different sites?

message 18: by Brianna (new)

Ria wrote: "Hey y'all! I had a lot of studying to do this weekend, so, naturally, I ended up reading the 400 pages of HP and the Order of the Phoenix I had left instead. Should I go ahead and post some discuss..."

Isn't that how studying always goes? lol

Feel free to post whichever questions you choose! :)

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) Hi, I've had to put the book on the back-burner as I've got various books for challenges on the go. Hope it's OK if I pop in to comment when I start reading it again.

message 20: by Brianna (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hi, I've had to put the book on the back-burner as I've got various books for challenges on the go. Hope it's OK if I pop in to comment when I start reading it again."

Definitely! We keep all the threads open so anyone can jump in at anytime.