Space Opera Fans discussion

Space Opera Movie/TV tie-ins > Star Wars Rebels

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 589 comments They just released the trailer for season 3: http://youtu.be/xmXp802sFgQ

I never got into the Star Wars Expanded Universe, so I have no feelings one way or the other about Thrawn, but I am aware that he has primacy of place among EU fans, so it was a good idea to bring him back. The people making SWR seem to be hardcore SW fans.

To my mind Rebels is easily the best Star Wars-related thing since the original film, so I'm glad it's successful. I'm also impressed that they've been having the characters change over time, which is not something you see in animated TV series.

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (darthrevan182) Yes definitely a great addition to the show; it won't mean that any Old EU novels are now Canon, but means they can re-incorporate him into the Star Wars universe.

Season 2 of Rebels was great; I love the little Cameos and the ending was amazing!

Dave Filoni seriously knows the Star Wars universe IMO. Did you ever watch the Clone Wars?

message 3: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 322 comments Didn't Dave Filoni basically confirm that the older Rebel commando we saw in "Return of the Jedi" (the guy with grey hair and a beard) was Captain Rex? :)

message 4: by Trike (last edited Jul 19, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Trike | 589 comments Daniel wrote: "Did you ever watch the Clone Wars? "

I think I watched part of one episode, but I have an unreasonable yet unwavering hatred of Yoda, so I didn't watch further.

One of the things that endeared Rebels to me was an early episode where Kanan mocks Yoda and his faux philosophy, using essentially the same reasons I've been using since 1980.

message 5: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 322 comments I like that you can almost, but not quite, understand what Chopper is saying.