Mon 25-Jul Ch 24
Tue 26-Jul Ch 25
Wed 27-Jul Ch 26
Thur 28-Jul Ch 27
Fri 29-Jul Ch 28
Sat 30-Jul Ch 29
Sun 31-Jul Ch 30

message 2: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (hmom) | 51 comments I am enjoying this book and today's reading is interesting. What do we do with an attention seeking teenager, who surprises you with garden.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 116 comments Hillary wrote: "I am enjoying this book and today's reading is interesting. What do we do with an attention seeking teenager, who surprises you with garden."

Hillary, I can only imagine how Louisa must be feeling now, after seeing Lily's work.

This one really hit me: "...but I could no longer hear his voice in my head and that small fact made me even sadder."

Great reply to Louisa from Nathan: "The family is okay. The rich are never normal (!) but these are good people. Minimal drama."

I loved the end of this chapter. I could almost picture that rooftop garden in my mind!

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy Gleason | 1765 comments Mod
Today's Reading: Mon 18-Jul Ch 17

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Louisa tried to text Lily a couple of times. First to thank her for the garden and then to apologize for the harsh words they said. She never heard back from her. Sam showed up one day and she had locked herself out of her apartment. He wasted to know why she all of a sudden wasn’t returning his calls or texts. She told him what Jake said about his father in the meeting and Sam revealed that he was Jake’s uncle, not his father. Sam let her into her apartment and seeing his exhaustion, had him stay at her place. She told him what happened with Lily and showed him the garden she started while she lived there. She also told him about her interview in NY. They went out to the movie and he was going to take her to see Lily afterwards. While at the movies, she got a call from Mrs. Traynor saying she wanted to talk to Lily and start over with her. Sam and Louisa went to Tanya’s house; Tanya hadn’t heard from Lily in over a week. Louisa said she left her house 10 days ago and was supposed to be going home. They were both worried.

message 6: by Trudy (new)

Today's reading: Tue 26-Jul Ch 25

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's reading: Tue 26-Jul Ch 25"

Lily was spending time with Mrs. Traynor. Louisa went to her parent for her granddad’s birthday. Her dad got bent out of shape because her mother bought a cake instead of making one. They had a row infront of the neighbors. The party was over soon after. When she got home, Lily announce that she was going back to school at the one near her granny’s and that she would spend weekends there. She packed up everyone from the spare room and left the next week. Louis texted Sam but he was busy. She emailed Mr. Gopnik and told him she was sorry she had to turn down the job before but would be interested if it should become available again. She was going to go see Sam when her mom appeared at the door. Then Treena, Thom and her dad were there. She left them all to go see Sam. Donna had her go with them so Louisa and Sam could talk. She had 5 minutes.

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Wed 27-Jul Ch 26

message 9: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Wed 27-Jul Ch 26"

Louisa tried to explain to Sam that she was scared to love again and lose. He asked if she didn’t thing he was scared also, he lost his sister. He said he couldn’t do it. And time was up, they were where the needed to go and they didn’t drop her off. They didn’t know where the body was and had to split up to look. They found one but it looked like a decoy. Louisa found another and called Sam over, there was shoot and Sam was shot. They got him and the other body in the Ambulance and sped off to the hospital, with Donna telling Louisa what to do. When they got to the hospital, they took Sam to surgery and Louisa was left alone in the car park covered in Sam’s blood.

message 10: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Fri 29-Jul Ch 28

message 11: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Fri 29-Jul Ch 28"

Louisa went to her Moving On meeting and saw Jake there, he gave her a hug and thanked her for saving Sam’s life. Sitting through the meeting Louisa was looking as from outside and realized that she has moved on. When Marc asked her how she was, she said she was good and realized she really was, Marc saw it in her also. She asked if she could continue to come until the sessions were over as she felt they has all become friends. She cooked for Sam and brought it to the hospital. The nurse said she had just missed his parents who had brought him steak and an apple pie. She went to put her Tupperware away when her phone rang. It was Mr. Gopnik saying the current girl isn’t working out and would be gone at the end of the month and the job was hers if she wanted it. He gave her a couple of days to think about it. Sam overheard the last part. He told her to take the job but she didn’t want to lose Sam when they were just starting out. He said they would work it out but she was afraid that Sam might the thing that actually makes her happiest.

message 12: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sun 31-Jul Ch 30

message 13: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sun 31-Jul Ch 30"

Louisa and her parents were at the airport. They were in the bar Louisa use to work at, visiting with Richard. Her mother felt that everyone she met in London was her best friend. Sam showed up. They all said goodbye and Louisa told Sam she loved him and hoped that he would wait for her.

message 14: by Annie (new)

Annie | 116 comments I really enjoyed this book. It didn't hit me in the same way as the first, "Me Before You", but it was still a satisfying sequel.

message 15: by Trudy (new)

Annie wrote: "I really enjoyed this book. It didn't hit me in the same way as the first, "Me Before You", but it was still a satisfying sequel."

I agree. It didn't have the sad ending like the last one but it it had hope. Again had mixed feeling should she stay or should she go but I think the right decision was made and I hope that things work out with Sam and Louisa in the long distance relationship.