What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > children's book typed in light brown ink and no color. It involved living kitchen items and the main "character" was the tea kettle and the vegetables and they were all trying to make a stew

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy | 1 comments I read this book a lot as a kid in the late 90s and early 2000s, but I would guess it was written in the 60s or 70s, maybe earlier. I have searched high and low and cannot find the title or author to this book. The main plot was as described in the title - focused on a tea kettle and pot trying to make a stew, as far as I remember there were no human characters in the book. I believe the cover of the book was just white and light brown as well. The font and illustrations were the same color and style of "Make Way for the Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey but I looked at his list of books and it is not by him. Please help if you remember anything!!

message 2: by Marylin (new)

Marylin Haidri | 2 comments I thought I remembered this too, but what I'm actually remembering is "I Can't," Said the Ant.

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4301 comments It's probably not your book (from your description of the illustrations), but just in case: "The little copper kettle" https://www.amazon.com/Gay-Colour-Boo... ?

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments My copy of "I Can't, Said the Ant" is all in green ink, so for what that's worth...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Katy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?