What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Highschool Teen Romance: Girl starts off not liking Popular boy in school, instead friends a guy who later is revealed to be creepy and sketchy, popular boy has bad history with sketchy guy friend

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Jeong | 1 comments I don't remember much about this book but whatever I do, I hope it helps find the title of the book. So, in the high school, (not sure if the girl is new to the school but pretty sure she is) the girl is not interested in the obsession over the cute popular boy in school. What she doesnt know is that the popular boy himself does not like the attention and all. I think he may also have a girlfriend though or an ex that is also very popular. Not sure what part of the book this is but the girl befriends a friendly guy and they soon become friends with the guy helping her around school. The guy friend though will soon become kinda creepy and sketchy. In one part of the book, the guy friend and her are in the same astronomy class or star studying class. However, soon after the popular guy walks into the same classroom with girls swooning after him. It is soon revealed that the class will be going on a field trip to the beach at night to go star watching and to study them.
This book is about a somewhat of a love triangle. I do know that the popular guy will end up with the girl, realizing that she was wrong about him all along. Also, another key important part of the book i think is that the popular guy has bad history with the sketchy friend and knows what he's capable of.

**I hope this is enough info to find the title of this book! I've spent hours looking online and had no luck, I might be confusing with many other YA romance books but hope someone can come through!
THANKS!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Rachel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Aspiring (new)

Aspiring Scribbler | 67 comments This sounds like a retelling of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice". Try this list.