Duffy Browns Cozy Mystery Series discussion

Questions for Duffy Giveaway - Answers posted

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jul 16, 2016 04:09PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 295 comments Mod
Do you have a question for Duffy Brown?

Add them in the comments below or send me a Direct Message and I will send all the questions to Duffy!

Her answers will be shared on this Group next Saturday, July 23rd!

Duffy is giving away 5 lighted pen and notepad sets from the questions that are submitted ( shared here or sent to me )
Photos of these items are also posted in the Photo Section.

Winners will be announced on Saturday, July 23rd!

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 11 comments Is one of your favorite vacation spots Mackinac Island? You capture it so well in your books.

message 3: by Melissa (last edited Jul 16, 2016 04:08PM) (new)

Here is a photo of the Pens

[image error] photo Pens _zpsutrx9jhm.png

message 4: by Melissa (last edited Jul 16, 2016 04:12PM) (new)

Here is a photo of the notepads

[image error] photo Notepad _zpsgvi8eqe4.png

message 5: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments If anyone wants swag email DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com. Nothing more fun than chatting with readers!!

message 6: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments How do you infuse your books with so much humor and keep the mystery suspenseful? Are you that funny in person?

message 7: by Melissa (last edited Jul 16, 2016 06:58PM) (new)

Great questions!

The Deadline to submit a question ( and to be entered in the Giveaway above ) is Friday, July 22nd 10 pm CST.

I will announce the winners and share Duffy's answers on Saturday July 23rd for all the questions that are submitted.

Thanks everyone! =)

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Is there another Cyclepath mystery due soon? (having just devoured the first two!)

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 77 comments How do you come up with your story ideas and are they part of your real life? I know you love to go to Mackinaw Island. It is my favorite place to go too. It is really nice to read a story and know you have been to the places in the book. Hope you have book #3 soon. I also love the other series too. Would love another one of those!

message 10: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Joanne wrote: "Is one of your favorite vacation spots Mackinac Island? You capture it so well in your books.”

Hi, Joanne!!! Great hearing from you. YES, I love Mackinac Island. My daughter visited for a week and stayed at the Market Street Inn. We took our bikes over on the ferry and road everywhere!! We did high tea at the Grand Hotel and ate fried green beans and drank beer...more than once...at the Mustang Lounge. Of course we ate more than our share of fudge. We even started a spread sheet where we ranked our fave. If you get a chance to go to Mackinac Island...do it. So much fun. Hugs, Duffy

message 11: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Hilary wrote: "Is there another Cyclepath mystery due soon? (having just devoured the first two!)"

Right now I’m working on Lethal In Old Lace the sixth book in the Consignment Shop Mystery series. Then it’s back to Mackinac Island with Tandem Demise. Thanks for asking, Hilary!

message 12: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Gail wrote: "How do you come up with your story ideas and are they part of your real life? I know you love to go to Mackinaw Island. It is my favorite place to go too. It is really nice to read a story and know...”

I get story ideas everywhere and I so wish my life was that exciting. LOL. We all need to laugh more and if I’m having fun writing a book I hope my readers will have fun reading the story.

I need to get back to Mackinac Island...maybe this fall. It’s such a getaway. A real vacation and so pretty. Thanks for writing, Gail.

message 13: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments anyone wanting swag email DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com. Thanks for all the great questions and for playing along. Hope you are all having a great summer!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) I think shipping swag t the UK works out a bit too pricey :D

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 77 comments Duffy wrote: "Gail wrote: "How do you come up with your story ideas and are they part of your real life? I know you love to go to Mackinaw Island. It is my favorite place to go too. It is really nice to read a s..."
You are right Duffy people need to laugh more and enjoy life. Too much violence and unhappiness in the world. Love your books they help take me away for it all. They are very fun loving to read. Thanks for writing them. Hope you get back to Mackinaw soon. It is a whole different world on the Island! Love going there!

message 16: by Melissa (new)

I will be posting all the questions and answers in one comment this Saturday. =)

message 17: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 2 comments I'm enjoying your Cycle Path Mysteries The Maple fudge mentioned in your book Geared for the Grave sound delicious. Do you have a recipe? The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also set on Mackinac. Thank so much for writing gear stories.

message 18: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 11 comments Shelley, If Duffy doesn't have a Maple Fudge recipe, send me a message. I have one my friends from Canada shared that is really good.

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Duffy wrote: "anyone wanting swag email DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com. Thanks for all the great questions and for playing along. Hope you are all having a great summer!"

Thanks Duffy! =)
Hope you are having a great summer also!

message 20: by Melissa (new)

I will be posting all the questions and answers in one comment this Saturday. =)

Thanks so much everyone!

message 21: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Gail wrote: "Duffy wrote: "Gail wrote: "How do you come up with your story ideas and are they part of your real life? I know you love to go to Mackinaw Island. It is my favorite place to go too. It is really ni...”

I just have to turn off the news sometimes and watch some Gilmore Girls. There is just so much negativity. I hate it.

message 22: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Joanne wrote: "Shelley, If Duffy doesn't have a Maple Fudge recipe, send me a message. I have one my friends from Canada shared that is really good.”

YES!!! I’d love to get the recipe!! I’m putting some in Tandem Demise, the third book in the Cycle Path series. Just send to DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com

message 23: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Shelley wrote: "I'm enjoying your Cycle Path Mysteries The Maple fudge mentioned in your book Geared for the Grave sound delicious. Do you have a recipe? The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I ...”

Here is a fudge recipe I love:

Irma’s Killer Kahlua Fudge
From her fudge shop...The Good Stuff...on Mackinac Island

1 teaspoon butter
3/4 cup butter
3 cups sugar
1 can (5 ounces only) evaporated milk
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons brandy
1 cup white baking chips
2 tablespoons creme de cacao or Kahlua (coffee liqueur)

Directions
Line 8-in. square pan with foil and grease with 1 teaspoon butter.
In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter. Boil over medium heat so as not to burn the chocolate, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Divide marshmallow creme between two small bowls.
Pour half of the above sugar mixture into each bowl. To one bowl, stir in semisweet chips until melted and stir in brandy.
Into the other bowl, stir in white chips until melted, stir in creme de cacao or Kahlua.
Spread chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Top with white mixture; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cool to room temperature. Chill until set completely.
Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.

Irma says… Once you add the chips to the mixture, work really fast as the fudge sets up quick

message 24: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 77 comments Sounds really good Duffy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

message 25: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Gail wrote: "Sounds really good Duffy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!”

thanks for chatting.

message 26: by Melissa (new)

The recipe sounds delicious Duffy! =)

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Its not too late to submit your questions for Duffy!

Do you have a question for Duffy Brown?

Add them in the comments below or send me a Direct Message and I will send all the questions to Duffy!

Her answers will be shared on this Group Saturday, July 23rd!

Duffy is giving away 5 lighted pen and notepad sets from the questions that are submitted ( shared here or sent to me )
Photos of these items are also posted in the Photo Section.

Winners will be announced on Saturday, July 23rd!

message 28: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Duffy wrote: "Gail wrote: "Sounds really good Duffy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!”

thanks for chatting.”

If you have one to share I’ll add it to my collection that I’ll put in my next book...and give your credit for. Hugs.

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Thanks to everyone that shared a question for Duffy!
I will share all of the answers soon!

Have a great day!

message 30: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments Thanks. Cant wait to read all of them. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay out of the heat!

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Kayt18 wrote: "Thanks. Cant wait to read all of them. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay out of the heat!"

Have a great weekend! Stay cool! =)

message 32: by Melissa (new)

I'm waiting to hear back from Duffy on a couple of answers =)
but she told me that everyone who asked a question is a winner!

Please email DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com with your mailing address! ( Please...do not post your mailing address on the Group )

Thanks!

message 33: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments Wow! That is sure nice of her.

message 34: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments Melissa wrote: "Kayt18 wrote: "Thanks. Cant wait to read all of them. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay out of the heat!"

Have a great weekend! Stay cool! =)"

Another 98 day here without heat index. I cant wait for winter, lol

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Kayt18, I prefer winter to summer! =)
Its been around 100 - 103 for the past few days here...

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Kayt18 wrote: "Wow! That is sure nice of her."

=)

message 37: by Melissa (last edited Jul 23, 2016 07:22PM) (new)

I forgot to mention in my earlier comment....please "mention" the Pen and Paper set in your email to Duffy!

Thanks!

message 38: by Toni (new)

Toni | 17 comments Just sent Duffy an email!.How nice !

message 39: by Melissa (new)

I hope to hear from Duffy soon...on the answers that were not shared yet.

message 40: by Melissa (last edited Jul 25, 2016 10:07AM) (new)

See below for all of Duffys answers to your Questions!
Thanks everyone!

Does Duffy herself ride a bike?
I do ride a bike...not often enough. I need to get out there more. I have an old bike, maybe 30 years old, that I got spruced up and added a neat basket. I took it to Mackincac Island, took it over on the ferry, for a week and my daugher and I rode all over the island. It was fantastic.

Like martinis?
Once in a while. Where I do like them is at a place called Jen's and Friends in Savannah. It serves nothing but martinis. All different kinds! Strawberry Shortcake, Snickers, Peaches n Cream. You get it, it's more a desert than a martini. It's just a hole in the wall place and you sit a cute tables out on the sidewalk and watch the world go by. So neat! Hope you get to Savannah to see it and get a special fun martini.

is a Cher fan?
Who doesn't love Cher! Moonsturck is one of my absoutely fave movies. I love Cher and her young attitude and the way she is an independent gal on her own.

Is one of your favorite vacation spots Mackinac Island? You capture it so well in your books.
Hi, Joanne!!! Great hearing from you. YES, I love Mackinac Island. My daughter visited for a week and stayed at the Market Street Inn. We took our bikes over on the ferry and road everywhere!! We did high tea at the Grand Hotel and ate fried green beans and drank beer...more than once...at the Mustang Lounge. Of course we ate more than our share of fudge. We even started a spread sheet where we ranked our fave. If you get a chance to go to Mackinac Island...do it. So much fun. Hugs, Duffy

How do you infuse your books with so much humor and keep the mystery suspenseful? Are you that funny in person?
My philosophy in life is that we all need to laugh more. I wish I was really clever like Tina Fey but mostly I just try and keep things light and fun. There's enough of the other out there that I don't have to add to it. LOL

Is there another Cyclepath mystery due soon? (having just devoured the first two!)
Right now I’m working on Lethal In Old Lace the sixth book in the Consignment Shop Mystery series. Then it’s back to Mackinac Island with Tandem Demise. Thanks for asking, Hilary!

How do you come up with your story ideas and are they part of your real life? I know you love to go to Mackinaw Island. It is my favorite place to go too. It is really nice to read a story and know you have been to the places in the book. Hope you have book #3 soon. I also love the other series too. Would love another one of those!
I get story ideas everywhere and I so wish my life was that exciting. LOL. We all need to laugh more and if I’m having fun writing a book I hope my readers will have fun reading the story.
I need to get back to Mackinac Island...maybe this fall. It’s such a getaway. A real vacation and so pretty. Thanks for writing, Gail.

I'm enjoying your Cycle Path Mysteries The Maple fudge mentioned in your book Geared for the Grave sound delicious. Do you have a recipe? The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also set on Mackinac.

( from Duffy )
Here is a fudge recipe I love:

Irma’s Killer Kahlua Fudge
From her fudge shop...The Good Stuff...on Mackinac Island

1 teaspoon butter
3/4 cup butter
3 cups sugar
1 can (5 ounces only) evaporated milk
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons brandy
1 cup white baking chips
2 tablespoons creme de cacao or Kahlua (coffee liqueur)

Directions
Line 8-in. square pan with foil and grease with 1 teaspoon butter.
In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter. Boil over medium heat so as not to burn the chocolate, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Divide marshmallow creme between two small bowls.
Pour half of the above sugar mixture into each bowl. To one bowl, stir in semisweet chips until melted and stir in brandy.
Into the other bowl, stir in white chips until melted, stir in creme de cacao or Kahlua.
Spread chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Top with white mixture; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cool to room temperature. Chill until set completely.
Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.

Irma says… Once you add the chips to the mixture, work really fast as the fudge sets up quick

Shelley, If Duffy doesn't have a Maple Fudge recipe, send me a message. I have one my friends from Canada shared that is really good.

YES!!! I’d love to get the recipe!! I’m putting some in Tandem Demise, the third book in the Cycle Path series. Just send to DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com

message 41: by Melissa (last edited Jul 25, 2016 10:21AM) (new)

I forgot to send Duffy these 2 questions -

The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also set on Mackinac.

===========================

I have sent these 2 questions to her - and I will post the answers as soon as I have them. =)

message 42: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments Great answers to all the questions. Thanks for doing this!!

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Kayt18 wrote: "Great answers to all the questions. Thanks for doing this!!"

Thanks! It was a lot of fun! =)

message 44: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 77 comments That was a lot of fun! Thanks Duffy and Melissa. Loved all the answers!

message 45: by Melissa (new)

Gail wrote: "That was a lot of fun! Thanks Duffy and Melissa. Loved all the answers!"

Thanks Gail! I had fun putting this together. =)

message 46: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 2 comments Melissa wrote: "I forgot to send Duffy these 2 questions -

The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also set on Mackinac..."

Thank you can't wait for the answers :)

message 47: by Melissa (new)

Shelley wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I forgot to send Duffy these 2 questions -

The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also..."

I'm waiting to hear back from Duffy. =)

message 48: by Melissa (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:38PM) (new)

Shelley wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I forgot to send Duffy these 2 questions -

The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also..."

See answer from Duffy below -

The painted bike mentioned sound amazing is there a site I could see real life versions? Have you read the Nancy Coco books they are also set on Mackinac.

Answer -

Nancy and I are good friends. She is an amazing author and we both loooooove Mackinac Island. Love her fudge shop mysteries. What a blast.