What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A woman who works in mental insitution and her husband is a newpaper reporter [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments I read the book in 2015, it was about a woman who worked in a mental insitute and there was something unusual going on in the hospital. To uncover the story her husband gets admitted to the hospital, but then goes missing.

message 2: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain

Someone else was looking for the same book and was solved by There.

Apparently there are two storylines

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Kym, thanks for noting the other duplicate thread (not due to a site glitch). I've deleted it.

Please only post a book request once. You can bump it every 30+ days (or sooner if you remember more information).

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments Thank you! Sorry I don't know how my post posted twice, I literally only did it once.

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments This book rang a bell and I thought it was the one. But its not (it rang a bell because I have read it before). Really good book just not the one

message 6: by Kris (new)

No worries. Once in a while the site glitches and a post is duplicated. In these cases the timestamp is identical. Sorry if I misunderstood.

message 7: by Kris (new)

What's the woman's job at the mental institution/hospital/asylum - psychiatrist, nurse, administrator, etc.?

Early in the story, what does she notice that's "wrong"?

What's the genre - mystery, medical thriller, horror, etc.?

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments I'd say a mystery/thriller.

She worked as a nurse at the hospital whilst her husband was a writer for a newspaper. They had a young child together.

She and another of the nurses noticed that patients weren't being treated as they should. So her husband went undercover and got admitted to the hospital. The doctor found out that he was undercover so to cover his tracks for the way they were treating patients he made the husband disappear. That's all I can really remember, hope this helps.

message 9: by Kris (last edited Jul 19, 2016 02:34PM) (new)

Does anything on this list of Fictional Mental Hospital Novels look familiar?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6...

Any chance the reporter/journalist is her ex-husband?

message 10: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Danielle,

You may want to take another look at Breaking the Silence. Very similar post.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Amazon review:

Chamberlain thoroughly described experiments used on psychiatric patients in the 1950s combined with a complicated storyline of inter-related characters affected by these experiments

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments Thank you. Sounds like this is the right book. I don't remember it having two story lines which is possibly why I got confused. I have read quite a few books by Diane so remember having read a book with this description. Thanks!!

message 12: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments I only remembered the previous thread. Glad you found your book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breaking The Silence (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diane Chamberlain (other topics)