Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Up until the last 100 pages this was a 3 star read for me. I loved how the story came together at the end. Where The Lake House felt too perfect, this was just right. Morton clearly likes to bring good story lines together at the end of her books, but this felt clever more than forced.

The story starts with a child witnessing a terrible event from her trees house. Then as an adult, with her mother dying, she tries to figure out why it happened. The story alternates between present time and then her mother's early adulthood during the Blitz in London. It definitely feels like Morton when you're reading and I'm a fan.

message 2: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I love Morton, I've read all her books. This was my least favorite. I actually figured it out fairly early on so the ending wasn't so surprising. I still rated it 4 stars, but was disappointed.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I figured out half of the twist but not the whole thing. This was my least favorite of hers too, but she enjoyable.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I have really liked the Morton books I have read but have only read a couple. I need to read more of them...it seems like they would be good in audio.

message 5: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Nicole wrote: "I have really liked the Morton books I have read but have only read a couple. I need to read more of them...it seems like they would be good in audio."

They are very good in audio.

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8919 comments Ladyslott wrote: "They are very good in audio."

I've really enjoyed the ones I've read, but I don't think I've tried any of them in audio. (Of course, I've just bought The Lake House as an ebook, and still have to get to this one, which I have in print.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I liked the Lake House but I liked the whole book of the Lake House better but the ending of the Secret Keeper more. Hah!