Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Merged wrong author. Reset please? SuperUser?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (ssaccoliti) | 553 comments Tina Brown

Just merged with another author. Went to revert it back to and undo librarian changes. Unable to do this. Help, please!

May need a SuperLibrarian?
Thanks.

message 2: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan | 4 comments Apologies as I am new to this group and to the whole process of learning to be a volunteer librarian. But I recently added a book called The Mashpee Nineand it has been mistakenly attributed to a different author with the same name: Paula Peters. Additionally, I cannot seem to retroactively add a book cover image to the book profile (and--apologies again) may have inadvertently created a second edition of the book. Do these tasks require special permissions?

message 3: by Arenda (last edited Jul 16, 2016 08:56AM) (new)

Arenda | 22038 comments Merging author profiles can't be undone.

ETA: books can be moved to a new author profile when necessary.
The current Tina Brown profile has followers, so might need checking which books by a Tina Brown is on their shelves.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments You will need to disambiguate profiles manually

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22038 comments Siobhan wrote: "Apologies as I am new to this group and to the whole process of learning to be a volunteer librarian. But I recently added a book called The Mashpee Nineand it has been mistakenly attributed to a d..."

First: you are not a librarian, so you can't make changes to book. Every user can add a book; only GR librarians can edit existing editions.
Second: please start a new thread for a request when the title thread does not describe your issue.
Third: moved the book to a new "Paula Peters" profile.
Fourth: currently there are two editions: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...
One edition has a cover. The edition without cover has a partial isbn (only 10 of 13 digits). Do you know if there is one edition or two? Do you have the complete isbn13? Is the cover for the isbn edition the same as the cover that is on the other edition.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (ssaccoliti) | 553 comments I've recreated the page. Whew.

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan | 4 comments You are very kind, thank you for your help. There is only one edition, so the ISBN you see is for that existing edition.

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 22118 comments Disambiguated the "Diana Chronicles" Tina Brown from the others.