Immortals After Dark discussion

The Books > Wicked Abyss #18

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 72 comments The description for this book is now Goodreads. Whoever guessed that this book was about Sian was correct.

He never wanted to be a beast…
As a boy, Abyssian ‘Sian’ Infernas had his heart shattered by a treacherous fey beauty who died before he could exact vengeance. Millennia later, a curse has amplified his hell-demon blood, transforming him into an unrecognizable monster – just as she’s been reincarnated. Sian fantasizes about seducing and spurning her, but he can retain his former appearance for only one hour a day.

She never wanted to be a beauty…
When a beastly demon king abducts her, fey princess Liliana ‘Lili’ Barbot goes from one prison to another. The beast vows revenge for betrayals she can’t remember and punishes her with gruelling labour within his mystical castle. Her only solace is spending time with a fellow prisoner Bael, a devastatingly gorgeous male who is allowed to see her for only one hour a day.

Can they break the spell before it’s too late…?
In the guise of ‘Bael’, Sian toys with Lili’s heart and body. Yet as she falls deeper under his spell, Lili can’t help but respond to the beast’s vulnerability and pain, and her sympathy develops into something more. When truths from a far distant past are revealed and identities discovered, can their tenuous bond withstand ages of deceit – and a looming supernatural war?

message 2: by K-Gorgeous (new)

K-Gorgeous | 56 comments Nice blurp! But AGAIN it is not Munroe and Kereny *sad tears*

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 104 comments Mod
Thanks for posting! At this point, I'm not too picky about whose book this one is about. I just need my IAD fix. Like yesterday!

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 7 comments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Idk about this one

message 5: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 72 comments I'm sure this book will be great. I know I was disappointed when I first read the description for Sweet Ruin, but I ended up really liking that book. However, I am disappointed it is not Munro's story. Hopefully his will be next. I hope they put up the blurb for Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2) soon.

message 6: by Eunice (last edited Jul 18, 2016 09:01AM) (new)

Eunice Lopez | 22 comments Has the heroine Liliana ‘Lili’ Barbot appeared in other IAD books because if she has I don't' remember her or is she a new character?

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Bolton | 15 comments I thought for sure Munro's story would be the next one,ugh. Am I correct that the next IAD is not til March 2017?

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Bolton | 15 comments And, I might agree with Nicole here, I need IAD and I need a new one NOW!! I am miserable without those moments in my day that I could steel a few minutes to read, and I get a good chunk of time in an hour or 2 before bed

message 9: by Kryptonite (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 88 comments Blurb sounds interesting. IAD fix please!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

@Eunice I don't remember meeting Lili before. It seems that often only one person in the featured couple is connected somehow to someone we've met before in the Lore...not every time but often.

Geez, I can't believe how much she is branching this story out. Pretty amazing actually. Although I am pretty frustrated about the current loose ends too (Munro, Ballery, Tera).

message 11: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Man... I'm really getting tired of all these new characters when the old ones are left hanging... UGH.

message 12: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Stevie wrote: "@Eunice I don't remember meeting Lili before. It seems that often only one person in the featured couple is connected somehow to someone we've met before in the Lore...not every time but often.

Ge..."

I totally agree! We needed Munro's book like 3 books ago and Tera's like 3 books ago!!! I'm soooo frustrated! And to make it worse I didn't even like Sweet Ruin like the other books. I couldn't STAND Jo & Rune.

message 13: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Lopez | 22 comments Asantewah wrote: "Stevie wrote: "@Eunice I don't remember meeting Lili before. It seems that often only one person in the featured couple is connected somehow to someone we've met before in the Lore...not every time..."

Honestly didn't mind Jo and Rune, they are not may favorite, but they were okay, I especially loved the little glimpses of Thad that we got during the book!!

And I agree MUNRO's book is so overdue!!!

But that charterers I really want books for are: FURIE, Deshazior, Thaddeus,Darach Lyka,Kristoff, Cara the Fair.

And all the Dacians of course.

message 14: by Nicole (new)

I think Jo and Rune's book was good. Not my favorite either, but still good. Dark Skye...well, let's not speak of Dark Skye, lol.

And I'm kind of surprised Munro's book has taken this long. I'm definitely going to have to re-read a couple books just to refresh what happened with him.

I'm curious to see what the book cover is going to look like. I have to admit I wasn't exactly thrilled with how they remade all the book covers. The first ones in the series definitely needed it, but the more recent ones should've been left alone. Please, please, please do a good job with this one! *crosses fingers*

message 15: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 72 comments I'm happy she's branching out and exploring more of the Lore species. I love the Valkyries, but I want to read about some different heroines. This will be her first fey heroine if I am remembering correctly.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 20, 2016 07:21PM) (new)

@Nicole Oh yeah, the book covers! Yes, the old ones (like the first 5?) seriously needed updated skins. I miss the old book cover with Cade on it though and I liked Malkom's better too and Declan's.

I do have to admit the new ones sure look pretty all lined up together on her website though (except Sweet Ruin...that white cover sticks out in a bad way...guess it's design had already been finalized when the do-over was initiated for all the others?). It is SO interesting that they switched to featuring the heroines on so many of the books...I do like that.

@Eunice I really liked hanging with Thad in Jo and Rune's book. I have found the last 3 books quite a bit less likeable then everything before Lothaire. Shadow's Claim though...loved that one. It is probably in my top 3.

@Meg You know that is a good point. I enjoy meeting other species of heroines too.

I really like it when the branch that she goes out too has an integral connection with characters we know already though. Learning more about the mystery that was Thad really saved Jo and Rune's story in my opinion.

Truthfully, I don't care enough about Sian yet. I'm not even curious about him though she certainly tried to stir up curiosity about him in Sweet Ruin. Surely Lili is connected to someone we know and love. You think? Fey princess, fey princess...anyone? I MUST be missing something.

message 17: by Jiggels (new)

Jiggels | 5 comments Bowie Mcrieve supposed to be mate that he mourned for centuries was a fey princess.

message 18: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Eunice wrote: "Asantewah wrote: "Stevie wrote: "@Eunice I don't remember meeting Lili before. It seems that often only one person in the featured couple is connected somehow to someone we've met before in the Lor..."

Yes, Yes and Yes in fact, YES to all you've said! I just need these loose ends to be closed. Loose ends make me twitch.lol...

message 19: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Stevie wrote: "@Nicole Oh yeah, the book covers! Yes, the old ones (like the first 5?) seriously needed updated skins. I miss the old book cover with Cade on it though and I liked Malkom's better too and Declan's..."

I agree Stevie... everything after Lothaire(which I absolutely adored) has been a bit off and I could care less about Sian.

message 20: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments The only reason I might even read this one is to get updates on the Ascension and maybe get glimpses of my faves. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know Nixy will definitely pop up somewhere & thats why I'll be reading this. As for Siana and this unknown Lilli? Meh.

KC really has to bring back my excitement for this series, its seriously waning and that makes me sad. :(

message 21: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Nicole wrote: "I think Jo and Rune's book was good. Not my favorite either, but still good. Dark Skye...well, let's not speak of Dark Skye, lol.

And I'm kind of surprised Munro's book has taken this long. I'm d..."

Lol! one can only hope!

message 22: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Meg wrote: "I'm happy she's branching out and exploring more of the Lore species. I love the Valkyries, but I want to read about some different heroines. This will be her first fey heroine if I am remembering ..."

I think for a full Fey heroine, yes but Danii was part ice fey.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

@Jiggles Yes! Good catch. @Asantewah That's a good catch too. Hmm, wonder if either of them might be coming up in the next book? We shall see. I don't think either of them would be very interesting if they did. All the archers are Fey, right? Now more on Tera or Tierney would be interesting.

@Asantewah Right on for reasons to read on...fully agree. Ha, ha...loose ends are like an itch that can't be scratched. Not my fave either but with age, I'm tolerating it a bit better than I used to...barely ;)

message 24: by Santy (new)

Santy (santylovesbooks) | 33 comments Stevie wrote: "@Jiggles Yes! Good catch. @Asantewah That's a good catch too. Hmm, wonder if either of them might be coming up in the next book? We shall see. I don't think either of them would be very interesting..."

Lol!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey here's a list of fey from a cool resource I found on the IAD board.

Known Fey: Balery (The Hag), Hild, Jadian the Cold (Ice Fey), Jillian (Druidess), Magh the Canny (Queen; deceased), Mariah (deceased), Natalya the Shadow (Dark Fey), Saetthan (King), Sigmund (Ice Fey; deceased), Svana the Great (Ice Fey; deceased), Tera, Tierney

website referenced

IAD forum post

message 26: by Nicole (last edited Aug 05, 2016 10:50AM) (new)

And we have a cover reveal. Thoughts?

photo WICKED-ABYSS-by-Kresley-Cole-300_zpsokzheudq.jpg

And don't forget to check out the exclusive Q&A with Kresley Cole.
http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

Happy Reading!

message 27: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Lopez | 22 comments Why does Sian have to be black and white, I would of liked him in color. Not my favorite but it will do, I'm so excited!!!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I like it! Sian looks more interesting than he sounded.

message 29: by (Nat) (new)

(Nat) Reading Romances (readingromances) | 18 comments Gosh, I hate this cover...Looks like a bad photoshop! Even the fonts don't fit right...

message 30: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 72 comments I don't like this cover. I wasn't a fan of Sweet Ruin's cover either. These two just don't seem to fit with the rest of the series. At least when I download this on my Nook it will be in black and white, I think that will make it look better.

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments From one of KC interviews about the book she said this book will give more glimpses about those warlocks who captured Munro

"H&H: You’ve expanded your world quite a bit—over the last three books, in particular. Might we get an update about the other characters we’re waiting on an HEA for—any news for Munro MacRieve or poor Furie and Kristoff?

KC: I was so excited to expand the IAD! That meant we got to stick to the blueprint for the series. For instance, I wanted Sian’s book to come before Munro’s because Wicked Abyss will shed a lot of light on the Quondam warlocks and all those captured prisoners. Though it’s tempting to deviate from the series plan, in order to give readers what they’re asking for, I’ve got to hold firm or else the overarching storyline will suffer. In a few years, I want to say, “See, it all worked out.”"

I don't know about the beauty and the beast contrast with the book though. I find its kind of over played especially with paranormal romance books, and KC books are so unique. I'm hoping because of how great she is at world building that wicked abyss will tie in nicely with the series. I thought for sure that the hag would be Sian's mate. What happened that he wants revenge? I remember in Sweet Ruin that his horns are shaved off and that was done before he came into his immortality. Are the Morior really the bad guys? What about Webb? Nix said she needs him alive because of the Morior. Ahh so many questions!!
I just reread the series and it makes me so sad when finished!

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Madsen | 2 comments Just pre-ordered my copies of Wicked Abyss and Shadow's Seduction!! Now I just have to find away to not drive myself crazy waiting for Jan and Feb. I'll probably re-read the series between now and then, just to be caught up.

message 33: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Jennifer wrote: "From one of KC interviews about the book she said this book will give more glimpses about those warlocks who captured Munro

"H&H: You’ve expanded your world quite a bit—over the last three books,..."

After reading Sweet Ruin, I don't think that Morior will be the bad guys. They are kinda the band of anti-hero, and to me a little bit OP (over powered) if they fight one-by-one with the Vertas. Beside, all of them are primordial of sort. I guess they will "help" Nix to fight the Order, in some way.

message 34: by Kryptonite (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 88 comments Ren wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "From one of KC interviews about the book she said this book will give more glimpses about those warlocks who captured Munro

"H&H: You’ve expanded your world quite a bit—over the ..."

And maybe one of them will be for Nix :)

message 35: by Jayna (new)

Jayna (josephinedarklightmorior) | 10 comments What did you guys think of the 8 chapter excerpt for WA at the end of Shadow's Seduction?

message 36: by K-Gorgeous (new)

K-Gorgeous | 56 comments It was promising. I really enjoyed it. It first i tought that it would be disconnected from the overall story but it pleasantly surprised me. Now I can't wait to read the entire book:)

message 37: by Jayna (new)

Jayna (josephinedarklightmorior) | 10 comments I know I can't wait! Especially if Rune is in it! *fan girl scream*

message 38: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 62 comments The sneak preview of Wicked Abyss was the best part of Shadow's Seduction. Anyone else think Orion is Nix's mate? And doesn't Calliope resemble Evie Green the "Empress" of the Arcana series? She's reincarnated but cannot remember her past though her mate cannot forget. He swears to take revenge for her betrayal. It sounds a lot like Calliope and Sian are Evie and Aric.

message 39: by (Nat) (new)

(Nat) Reading Romances (readingromances) | 18 comments Angelika wrote: "The sneak preview of Wicked Abyss was the best part of Shadow's Seduction. Anyone else think Orion is Nix's mate? And doesn't Calliope resemble Evie Green the "Empress" of the Arcana series? She's ..."

Oh yeah, that connection totally makes sense!! And I think Orion and Nix will be a couple too!

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 5 comments Am I the only one who is kind of dreading Munroe's story? From what little we have seen, he is already in such a horrible position, both with Those Best Forgotten and his mate. I can't help but fear for him like he is a part of my family. I want him to end up happy of course and I know that they always do, but it seems like his journey is going to be particularly painful and that makes me nervous.

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 5 comments Angelika wrote: "The sneak preview of Wicked Abyss was the best part of Shadow's Seduction. Anyone else think Orion is Nix's mate? And doesn't Calliope resemble Evie Green the "Empress" of the Arcana series? She's ..."

Ooh! Nix and Orion huh? That would certainly be an interesting pairing. As much as I want to see Nix settled down, I have trouble imagining what that courtship would look like. She isn't exactly the most lucid or focused character. She is such an anomaly of extremes and she is always being pulled in a thousand directions...I just don't know if I could see her slowing down long enough to settle into a bond right now.

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 5 comments Jayna wrote: "What did you guys think of the 8 chapter excerpt for WA at the end of Shadow's Seduction?"

I didn't read it. I want to, so bad! However, I know that the release of the book is still a ways out and it will drive me absolutely nuts not being able to finish it. With my luck, the release date will get pushed back.

message 43: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 62 comments Orion was a fabled hunter. The godess Artemis (aka Diana) was The Huntress and also the deity of night. Nix means "Night" in ancient Greek and if Nix isn't ancient, who is? According to the myth, Artemis fell in love with Orion but she killed him and Zeus turned him into a constelation. See where this is going?
These two have a hell of a past. Nix killed him so he wants revenge.
If they finally work things out and end up together, it doesn't mean either of them is going to settle down. This is the 21st century. Women can have successful careers as deities and a guy too.

message 44: by (Nat) (new)

(Nat) Reading Romances (readingromances) | 18 comments Gosh, I'm stunned! Look at the pre-order price:

Kindle Edition
US$ 17.99

What's going on????

message 45: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 62 comments Are we serious?! Cannot and will not pay that kind of money.

message 46: by (Nat) (last edited Apr 04, 2017 01:44PM) (new)

(Nat) Reading Romances (readingromances) | 18 comments Angelika wrote: "Are we serious?! Cannot and will not pay that kind of money."

Apparently, before the paperback comes out, they have to tie the ebook price to the hardback price, which is why it's so much. That's what I've heard. Since I live outside the US prices go up a little.

Prices for hardcover: If you live in the US it's US$17.10 (kindle US$13.99) , £9.99 in the UK and in Canada is over $30 (!!!!).

I hope they make it cheaper around the release date, cause I can't spend that much on ONE ebook (US$ 17.99 converts to $56 where I live). Paperback and hardback copies are out of the question since packages take almost a month to get here.

But anyhow...Why so expensive?! I don't remember ever paying that much for a KC book!

message 47: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 62 comments Been through a dry spell bookwise as nothing really caught my attention for quite a while. So I couldn't resist a new Kresley Cole book. Not after the teaser in Shadow's Seduction. To use Regin's immortal words "F**k it."

message 48: by Natasha εïз (new)

Natasha εïз (emerald31) I'm going to have to wait until the price of the book comes down or goes on sale! It's expensive! :(

message 49: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments Has anyone started reading this? I haven't yet bought it due to the price for the kindle edition but I might cave if the reviews are good.

message 50: by Gim (new)

Gim | 38 comments I bought it on Kindle, read it and loved it. This whole Accession is looking very amazing, and Nix is a crazed genius.

« previous 1