YA and Beyond discussion

TOP 5 > top 5 great parents in ya

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:47AM) (new)

Often parents are shoved aside in ya so when they have a bigger role,one you can relate to its refreshing and great.
So this list, top 5 parents in ya.
- Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1) by Jus Accardo
- Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
- Ink Is Thicker Than Water by Amy Spalding

message 2: by Elora (new)

Elora Mitchell | 578 comments It's closer to MG than YA, but I'm reading the new Riordan, and I was struck by how awesome Sally Jackson is.
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan

Strings by David Estes The parent in this book was highly present and respected.

Of course, we can't forget about The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 6961 comments Mod
Thanks for starting Oda. I just got back from vacation so I will have to look at my list but off the top of my head I know a few of these for sure:

Parks parents from Eleanor & Park

The Weasleys from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

DJ's parents from Dairy Queen

The gay parents from Lola and the Boy Next Door

Parents from The Fault in Our Stars and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 6961 comments Mod
Oda wrote: "Often parents are shoved aside in ya so when they have a bigger role,one you can relate to its refreshing and great.
So this list, top 5 parents in ya.
-Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1) by Jus Accardo
-[bookcover..."

Lola's parents are the best!

message 5: by Elora (new)

Elora Mitchell | 578 comments oh, oh, oh, you reminded me Heidi (don't ask how I made that jump) ;)..... The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 2471 comments Mod
Aww yes I love Ben and Cillian. :')

I was going to list pretty much all the parents you guys mentioned, haha. The Weasley parents, Sally Jackson from PJO, Maura Sargeant from TRC, the parents in Ari & Dante ...

I also loved the mom in Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand