Reading & Rambling discussion

Miscellaneous > Future Book of the Month Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Here's a place to keep track of books that we are interested in reading as a group. Feel free to suggest a book that someone else has already mentioned, because this shows that multiple people are interested! Also, feel free to suggest a book that has already appeared in a poll and didn't win. We can always give books more than one chance :)

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 39 comments Just going to post a few:
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1) by Jessica Khoury Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta

message 4: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 29, 2016 08:48PM) (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments I'm just going to list some books/series I'm hoping to read soon:

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Holly Black Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Seeker (Seeker, #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch

Lourdes (Chapters We Love) (chapterswelove) | 1 comments I see a few I need to read as well :)

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah Criswell (lovestar4ever) LOURDES (ChaptersWeLove) wrote: "I see a few I need to read as well :)"
Same
Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 39 comments Suggestion for October Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 39 comments for January:
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff

message 9: by Vanessa (last edited Dec 23, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments I'm trying to come up with a couple more Book of the Month options for January! Any last minute suggestions? (I'll make the poll after Christmas)

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a "Second Chance" month where we pick from books that got second place on the polls so far. So they would be: Rebel of the Sands, Illuminae, Red Queen, and To all the Boys I've Loved Before. Or we could swap one of those out for a second place book of another month. We wouldn't have to do that in January, I just thought it might be an interesting suggestion.

Let me know your thoughts, and I hope everyone has happy holidays :)

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 11 comments I like that idea of choosing a second place. Obviously those got votes but just didn't get enough to get first so I think that'd be a good idea

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Sepúlveda | 5 comments I'd like to suggest Passenger! :D

message 12: by Victoria (last edited May 06, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

Victoria | 39 comments These books are next on my list to read so it would be cool if any of them become the next book of the month.

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1) by Alison Goodman Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst Heartless by Marissa Meyer Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter

also Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab comes out in June so it would be cool to read the duology together or in back to back months if people want to.

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Victoria wrote: "These books are next on my list to read so it would be cool if any of them become the next book of the month.

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria SchwabThe Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1) by Alison Goodman[bookcover..."

I've heard good things about these!
I read Heartless when it came out, and it was pretty good. The ending was sad, though, which was to be expected.