Aussie Readers discussion

Dominator in the Shadows
This topic is about Dominator in the Shadows
Our Authors Spotlight > The Old Mechanic series

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The second book in The Old Mechanic series is Dominator in the Shadows. Set three years later, it tells the story of two men who each have a dream to own their chosen motorcycle: one a Vincent Black Shadow, the other a Norton Dominator 99 650SS. The story again takes the reader through the process of restoring an old classic motorcycle. Along the way, they maintain, repair and service many classic British motorbikes. This book is available from me and from Amazon via my website: http://theoldmechanic1.wix.com/book

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 71663 comments Mod
And a third! LOL You only need one thread Peter for your promotion :) it's all yours :)

message 3: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8592 comments Peter, my hubby has bought himself a Vincent Black Shadow and has restored quite a few bikes: I think he'd find your books very interesting....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Marianne wrote: "Peter, my hubby has bought himself a Vincent Black Shadow and has restored quite a few bikes: I think he'd find your books very interesting...." The Vincent Black Shadow is the Holy Grail of classic bikes. Your hubby is a very lucky man.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 21, 2016 08:12PM) (new)

I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to reply, comment or start a new thread, but I'm sure someone will tell me pretty quickly!
I have just had my new novel published. Classic Bike Dreaming This is the fourth book in The Old Mechanic series, and likely the last. This book is very different from the first three in that the classic British motorcycles take a backseat to the people who ride and fix them.
Here's a quick precis: Paul is about to graduate near the top of his class as a motorcycle mechanic. He was once a gang member but, having served his time, is about to be released from prison. All he needs is a job and a safe place to live. Paul is also an Aboriginal of the Kamilaroi mob, trying to live between two cultures, yet he faces misunderstanding, racism and intolerance nearly every day.
In this book, I explore the impact Paul's experiences have on the lives of the old mechanic and those who work in his workshop.
The book is now available for pre-order as an ebook through Amazon, and should be available in hard-copy in October.
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You have done well Peter! And congratulations:)

Here's the link for people who'd like to pre-order:

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda wrote: "You have done well Peter! And congratulations:)

Here's the link for people who'd like to pre-order:

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01......"

Thanks Brenda

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 01, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

My new book, Classic Bike Dreaming is now available for order from Amazon as either an ebook or in hard copy. But I should soon have copies for sale direct @ $16 plus $8 p+p. Just contact me via Goodreads or my e-mail: theoldmechanic1@yahoo.com.au

I've also just received my first 5 star rating on Amazon, so I'm pretty chuffed about that! :-)

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Well done Peter :)

message 10: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (vixxiearl) | 34 comments way to go peter

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone,
Great news, my new book, Classic Bike Dreaming: yet more stories of an old motorcycle mechanic, has been published and I now have copies for sale. The book is $16 each plus $8 postage and packaging within Australia.
I still have copies of the other three books in The Old Mechanic series. Prices are as follows:
The Old Mechanic - $15 (stocks are limited)
Dominator in the Shadows - $18
The Classic Bike Workshop: even more stories of an old motorcycle mechanic - $17
However, for a limited time, if you purchase any two or three books together, they are $15 each plus p+p a saving of up to $5.
Furthermore, if you buy all four books together, they are only $55 plus p+p a saving of $11.
I had hoped to launch my new book at the Newcastle Writers Festival 2017, however, my submission appears not to have been successful. So, I have made a tentative booking to launch my book at the Raymond Terrace Library on Thursday, November 24th, just in time for Christmas. Once I have a firm date and someone to launch the book, I will let you know.
Nevertheless, you don’t need to wait for the launch to get your own copy. They’re available now.
Am I excited? Absolutely!!!
Cheers,
Peter

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Congratulations Peter! That's great news :)