What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy or Paranormal romance about a healer or witch with amnesia

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:16PM) (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments I'm looking for a book I read on Scribd about a year ago. I'm thinking it was in the future on earth where technology was all lost or another planet. There wasn't enough descriptions to figure that out.

The story is about a young girl in her late teens or early twenties who doesn't know where she's from or how she suffered memory loss. It's explained later as (view spoiler).

During her escape, she leaves not only her village but what I'd consider her country and ends up in a forested area some where else. She is captured by a band of soldiers and forced to travel with them on their journey home.

During this journey, it's discovered she can heal them (she doesn't know how she knows) and might have some other magic powers that I don't remember. I also remember that the soldiers can (view spoiler)

The leader of the soldiers falls in love with her during this journey and when they get to the final destination (some very cold area) convinces her to marry him. He's also the leader of the land so maybe the King?

After they marry, (view spoiler)

Also, the sex is a bit descriptive but I wouldn't put it in the erotic category.

I'm sure there's more to this story that I'm not remembering but I really want to read this book again and going through all the books available on Scribd and then Amazon is not working. Thank you for any help you can provide.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40169 comments Mod
Nancy, were you looking for the same book in this thread?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Somehow your initial post in that thread got deleted. Perhaps you deleted it by mistake.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Since we have literally hundreds of people here looking for fantasy and/or paranormal romance, please add some plot details to your header to make your request stand out. A lot of people have limited time to peruse the threads and only click on the ones they think they might be able to solve.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments Yes, I did delete my old one as the system wouldn't let me edit it with everything I remembered this morning. Title updated as well.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Ok - instead of deleting your original posts though, ask a mod for help, or put the new info you remember into a new post in the same thread.

I'll delete the other thread. Here are the books you were recommended in that thread which are NOT your book:

Healer's Touch
Valor of the Healer
Touch of Power
Reluctant Concubine

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Is there a way you can check your Scribd account to see what you downloaded/viewed/bought (or however it works)? Can you check whatever device you read it on?

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments That was my first thought. They don't keep that information on my account and the customer service rep says they don't keep a history.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Nancy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Nancy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

I am still looking

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Nancy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

I am still looking

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (superzebra109) | 2 comments It's been awhile since I read it, so I could be wrong, but your description made me think of the Healers of Maligna series by KJ Colt.

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments Lisa wrote: "It's been awhile since I read it, so I could be wrong, but your description made me think of the Healers of Maligna series by KJ Colt."

Unfortunately, that is not it. The main character isn't blind and is much older. I'd say probably in her early 20s in the book I'm looking for.

message 13: by AE (new)

AE | 1 comments I just so happen to have read this book way back in 2014, and so when I stumbled across this, I had to hunt a little bit but luckily, I remembered some more memorable key info that helped me find it faster.

But I'm like 98% sure it's this. Read the first chapter, and it'll probably click for you.

It's Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Desai | 8 comments Sadly, that’s not it either. :(