What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasty, a princess fighting against her uncle to save her kingdom [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benii (new)

Benii | 0 comments I read this book about 4 years ago but all i can remember is the plot and cover. The cover had a black background and from what I can remember flames on it. The plot I know much more about, and a princess fighting against her uncle to save her kingdom. Her mother and uncle were siblings and the uncle was sent far away when they were little. When he returned many many years later, the mother was married with kids, but the uncle had an obsession with the mother that frightened her. He grew angry at her and her family, and burned them in a fire in the castle, but the small princess was rescued by a member of the castle staff, who raised her a small village. Years later, her uncle is now ruler and ends up finding her, but before he can get her, she is saved by the prince/king from a neighboring nation at war with her uncle. After long discussions with the prince/king, she makes plans with him, to not only wed but to help take down her uncle. When the battle starts, she faces her uncle in a sword fight and beats him, then takes her rightful place. Now it's not the best description but its all I can remember at the time and some of it may or may not be wrong. if anyone knows the title or can help me find it, it would be great!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Benita, is this fantasy or historical fiction? If the latter, what's the location/country and time period?

Where is the princess when her uncle is ruler - hiding in the village, living in his castle, acting as a servant, etc.?

Is this book for young adults/teens or older adults?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Also please provide actual plot details in your header (along with genre), not just the words "plot details"......

A lot of members have only limited time to peruse the threads and decide which ones they may be able to solve, so you want to grab people's attention with significant details.

message 4: by Benii (new)

Benii | 0 comments Sorry I've tried to post it five times already but good reads wouldn't post it and I knew I forgot something. It's for young adults fiction, fantasy.

message 6: by Benii (last edited Jul 17, 2016 05:15PM) (new)

Benii | 0 comments Oh thank you thank you. I just looked it up and I do believe it's the one. I have a huge tendency to forget the simplest things...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Daughter of the Flames (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Zoë Marriott (other topics)