Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Incorrect quote on my author profile

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Donovan (goodreadscomvincentdonovan) | 3 comments There is another author with the same name, and it keeps pulling quotes from that person. One is linked to my profile. How do I remove it? It oddly won't give me access.

I'd like to remove the following:
“Never accept and be content with unanalyzed assumptions, assumptions about the work, about the people, about the church or Christianity. Never be afraid to ask questions about the work we have inherited or the work we are doing. There is no question that should not be asked or that is outlawed. The day we are completely satisfied with what we have been doing; the day we have found the perfect, unchangeable system of work, the perfect answer, never in need of being corrected again, on that day we will know that we are wrong, that we have made the greatest mistake of all.”
― Vincent Donovan, Christianity Rediscovered

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22037 comments Moved the quote from your profile by correcting the author to Vincent J. Donovan, who is the author of this quote.

message 3: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Donovan (goodreadscomvincentdonovan) | 3 comments Thank you -- I noticed the preview of my book "Chasing mayflies" is 5 chapters. Is that standard? It's more than I had wanted to share. Thanks.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22037 comments Vincent wrote: "Thank you. How do I delete a sample of my book "Chasing mayflies"? I uploaded the wrong preview pdf."

I'm sorry, librarians can't help with that.
Maybe you can find the answer in the Author Feedback Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... or try contacting Goodreads Support.

message 5: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Donovan (goodreadscomvincentdonovan) | 3 comments Thank you. I also noticed that "Chasing mayflies" has two entries -- paperback and Kindle. Is it possible to merge the two under one entry? I tried but it would not allow me.

message 6: by Abcdarian (last edited Jul 20, 2016 04:14PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 22107 comments The editions are combined/linked. Only one shows on your author profile and in a search.