Contemporary YA discussion

The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1)
This topic is about The Inn at Eagle Point
Books Made into TV Shows > Chesapeake Shores Books into TV

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

Abby O'Brien Winters returns to Chesapeake Shores when she receives a panicked phone call from her younger sister Jess, who has renovated the charming Inn at Eagle Point. The Maryland town her father built has many sad memories and Abby, thanks to her demanding career, divorce and young daughters, has not had time to spare. Saving the inn from foreclosure means dealing not only with her fractured family but also with Trace Riley, the man she left ten years ago. Trace initially poses an obstacle but becomes an unexpected ally and a second chance at finding love.

According to Hallmark's press release, "the series will launch with a two-hour movie, followed by eight one-hour episodes" and "stars Jesse Metcalfe (“A Country Wedding”), Meghan Ory (“Dashing Through the Snow”), Golden Globe® nominee Treat Williams (“Everwood”), Academy Award® nominee Diane Ladd (“Wild At Heart”), and Barbara Niven (“Cedar Cove”). Based on the novels of the same name by New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods."

Chesapeake Shores will premiere on Sunday August 14, 2016.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenLovesYA) | 36 comments I'm boycotting Hallmark for firing Christina Ferrari. I've removed all Hallmark listings from my DVR. I will not be watching.

JoAnne I love this series. But I cannot see Treat Williams as Mick!

message 4: by Andrea (last edited Jul 16, 2016 10:04AM) (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I love this series. But I cannot see Treat Williams as Mick!"

Bummer, I haven't read the series, but I do like treat Williams. I hope he will work as the character.

Karen - I love Hallmark. I did hear they fired Christina Ferrari which does suck if it was ageism. I understand why you want to boycott. I only occasional watched Home and Family so it doesn't affect me as strongly. I hope by the time the Christmas movies come along you will feel up to watching again :)

I'm looking forward to this one.

message 5: by JoAnne (last edited Jul 16, 2016 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JoAnne I think Treat Williams will work - I like him in some shows. I don't know who I would have cast as Mick.

That's the hard part about casting books because people have their own vision of the characters.

I wonder who's playing Mick's mother!!

JoAnne I just googled... Nell is being played by Diane Ladd, who is 18 years older than Treat Williams.

JoAnne We have been watching this show. I like it a lot. The cast really looks like they could be related! Diane Ladd's southern accent sneaks out every now and then. Her character is Irish - from Ireland!

message 8: by Andrea (new)

JoAnne wrote: "We have been watching this show. I like it a lot. The cast really looks like they could be related! Diane Ladd's southern accent sneaks out every now and then. Her character is Irish - from Ireland!"

I've watched it and I really like it too! In fact, it could become a favorite show. I really like the MC played by Meghan Ory. She's been in Hallmark movies and she plays Ruby aka Little Red Riding Hood on Once Upon a Time.

The entire cast is awesome, it's sort of a family light soap opera and I love the setting. Hallmark is great at creating picturesque small towns. I want to live in a town like that.

I thought they looked related too, especially the boys. They look like Treat and Diane.

I'm not going to tackle the books until the series ends. Hopefully in several years.

[image error]

JoAnne The books will be there for you - it's a long list!! Everybody in the family gets one!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have only been able to watch the first episode and I really enjoyed it too. I have the rest on DVR. I think it has potential and might turn out to be Hallmark's best series. It's not Hall of Fame quality, but it is close.

They feel like a family and I thought they looked like a family too. It's fun to know that I'm not the only one who thought it.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Molly wrote: "I have only been able to watch the first episode and I really enjoyed it too. I have the rest on DVR. I think it has potential and might turn out to be Hallmark's best series. It's not Hall of Fame..."

Glad you like it! I'm going to try and watch the newest episode today.