The Milexy Universe discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice (July 2016) > Spoilery Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexandra Pedro (alexandracpedro) | 78 comments Mod
I'm 116 into this book and I'd love to discuss some of the characters with you, since I'm fascinated with some of them!

I'm going to start by asking you: What do you think of Mr. Bennet so far?

message 2: by Camille, Mil (new)

Camille Dent (thecamillion) | 90 comments Mod
Mr. and Mrs. Bennet are such a perfect duo XD They are so hilarious separately and together! It's amazing how their personalities are almost opposite, yet they seem to have a very healthy relationship because you can tell that they respect and tease each other a lot :)

message 3: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 5 stars

How far are you into the novel? My opinion on that specific couple changed a lot throughout its development!

message 4: by Camille, Mil (new)

Camille Dent (thecamillion) | 90 comments Mod
I am a little over halfway through!! I am done with work, so I should be able to finish soon ^.^ How did your opinion on the couple change? I would like to have your perspective in mind as the story progresses!

message 5: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 5 stars

The author does something that I really enjoyed and it was only developing the characters as far as needed every step of the way. Because of that, she only develops that specific relationship, under Elizabeth's perspective, later in the novel, and only then I could "fully" understand it. Although dad's still one of my two favorite character's in the story, since I related a lot with him, I think his attitude towards his wife (and his daughters) is not the best. There isn't love or respect and the teasing that takes place seems to be the way he found to get through the days with his wife, without feeling the smallest affection for her. Even recognising all her flaws, I still think she would deserve a little more support from her husband. But I understand that those were different times and that no one can judge how a couple deals with each other... It was just that I didn't feel like it was healthy.