Kindle Scout discussion

Page-views needed.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Just a reminder to everyone to help out the nominated books by reading the excerpts. Doing so will boost the page views.

You can send the excerpt to your Kindle and read it whenever you're ready. It's super quick to do. The hyperlink to send it to your Kindle is found beneath the part of the excerpt that is visible. My message said the excerpt will show up in my documents. A quick reading or scrolling through these 5000 or so words will help the page-views.

message 2: by James (new)

James Paddock (jameswriter) | 52 comments Thanks Kathy. Saw the link but never really thought much about it. I'll start using it.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Pratley (ann_m_pratley) Hi Kathy, I had not thought about that - how does the 5000 word excerpt contribute to page views (on top of viewing the page)?

message 4: by Kathy (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:04PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Yes, just having people view the page will count as a page view, but encouraging people to read the excerpt, especially from their Kindle, is a way to drive traffic to the page instead of just asking for a nomination. I read the excerpts and often wish I could nominate more than three books. I see lots of KS tweets and promotions asking for nominations but without encouraging people to read the excerpt. So for instance, on a blog, instead of asking for nominations, an author might invite people to read the excerpt and share their thoughts on it. A giveaway could even be set up where viewers share some line from the excerpt. Fortunately, people can't read the excerpt w/o viewing the page, and if people get caught up in the excerpt, they'll probably nominate the book anyway and be more likely to tell others about. In essence, it's a subtle shift in focus to achieve the same result.