Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) Winter discussion

Theory on Winter and Snow White

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Isabella Okay. So. Winter is based off of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, right? Okay. Think about it.

Winter = Snow White.

Jacin, obviously, is supposed to be the love interest from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Ferninand or whatever his name is.

Then there's the Rampion crew. Kai and Cinder. Scarlet and Wolf. And Cress and Thorne. Also, there's Iko. All in all, that counts as seven people.

Seven people = SEVEN DWARVES

I don't know if this is even important, but I thought the parelell was extremely cool.

Jayden Smtih wow cool never noticed that

Anna Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, off to the Moon we go

*whistling*

Mary Kayte Hate to burst your bubble, buuuuuut the mutant soldiers are the representatives of the seven dwarves in Winter but it's a nice theory

message 5: by Adi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adi How would the mutant soldiers be the seven dwaves?

Electric Bubbles Eh, exact numbers probably don't matter. I think it makes more sense that the soldiers are her dwarves.

****Kelly***** *round of applause*

Elena i don't see why the soldiers would be the dwarves... i mean, it was Scarlet who organized the mutant soldiers, not Winter... Winter had pretty much nothing to do with them... Am i wrong?

Electric Bubbles I think the soldiers followed because they loved Winter, not because of Scarlet's organizing. I think Winter had everything to do with it.

message 10: by LeAnne (new) - added it

LeAnne I think that the soldier actually chose... OMG I thought of something brilliant!!! You know how they wanted the soldiers as an army to defeat LEvena? And you know how the soilders partly agreed because they like WInter? Here left me try and make this simple..I know it starts off not doing anything with the soilders but bare with me ok? (this is in order in the movie and the book)

SW - Huntsman - warned Snow white because she was kind
TLC - Jacin- Warned Winter because he loved her

SW- Snow white ran and found a cottage with seven dwarfs/ TLC- Winter ran and found the rampion

SW-Snow white worked with animals while she cleaned
TLC - Winter got a wolf solider army to help her (and scarlet)

SW-Snow white ate a poison apple
TlC - Winter ate a poison candy

SW-The seven dwarfs rode the animals and trapped the evil witch on a cliff where she fell and died/

TLC- The rampion crew led the wolf army and trapped Levena at the palace where she fell and died (i mean she didn't like fall off a cliff but you know what I mean)

So in conclusion, I think the soldiers are not the dwarfs they are the animals that the dwarfs rode on to get the evil witch for revenge. .......BOOM!

message 11: by Vale (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vale I think the people form the lumber district would be the dwarves. Exact number does not seem to matter.

Annika Anyone notice "rampion"?? In the original Rapunzel fairy tale an herb called rampion is stolen from the witch's garden. Thorne stole the rampion from the army....

Electric Bubbles Pebbleflow wrote: "Anyone notice "rampion"?? In the original Rapunzel fairy tale an herb called rampion is stolen from the witch's garden. Thorne stole the rampion from the army...."

Wait, really!?!

Elena I thought radishes were stolen from the witch's garden in original Rapunzel!?

Electric Bubbles I looked up the wiki article. ;D
It said most English translations call it "rampion." I'm so hyped! Just when I thought I couldn't love Marissa Meyer anymore!

WordsAreMyForte Did anyone else have the theory that Queen Levana would die by falling of the balcony of the throne room like how the evil Queen fell of a cliff in Snow White? That way, she would've suffered the worst death possible for her: staring at all of her true reflections while slowly drowning. I began theorizing this when, in Fairest, Levana ordered all of the mirrors in the kingdom to be expunged and thrown into the bottom of the lake. Wouldn't you agree that would have been a much more intriguing death than just a gun shot? Sure it would be tragic, but she's the villain, she would've had it coming. Besides she might've finally came to accept her appearance in those few moments before death.

Elena Fairytaillover22 wrote: "Did anyone else have the theory that Queen Levana would die by falling of the balcony of the throne room like how the evil Queen fell of a cliff in Snow White? That way, she would've suffered the w..."

Yesssss