Speculative Fiction For Christians discussion

Topics Of Interest > Less known Christian Spec-fic authors

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.M. (new)

C.M. | 5 comments Hey, everyone, I'm C.M. I've never been on a discussion board before but i'm just going to dive right in and ask: Who are your favorite not-very-well-known (yet) spec-fic authors? Why are they so awesome?

I am very much a supporter of the little know but great newcomers out there and like to see them get their due notice.

I'm going to get the ball rolling with one of my new favorites - Katy Huth Jones.
She is the author of the He Who Finds Mercy fantasy series.
The books so far are: Mercy's Prince, Mercy's Gift, and Mercy's Battle.

This lady's books are beautiful and so incredibly emotional. She is literally the only author who has ever made me cry! I can normally read even the saddest scenes with hardly a flinch, but she truly got to me. That ending in Mercy's Gift :,-( Wow.
I still tear up a little just thinking about it!

So what about y'all? Got any favorites you care to share?

message 2: by Fredösphere (new)

Fredösphere (fredosphere) | 18 comments That's a tough one. The authors I know are either famous (Tim Powers; Ted Dekker) or friends of mine who are still learning their craft. So, I guess that's a problem--a serious problem. Maybe others are in the same boat and that's why no one took the bait on answering your question.

message 3: by C.M. (new)

C.M. | 5 comments Fredösphere wrote: "That's a tough one. The authors I know are either famous (Tim Powers; Ted Dekker) or friends of mine who are still learning their craft. So, I guess that's a problem--a serious problem. Maybe other..."

Maybe so. Too bad there isn't a better way to find the good ones.

message 4: by Fredösphere (new)

Fredösphere (fredosphere) | 18 comments Oh, I should have thought of this earlier: I read Jennifer the Damned a few months ago and was quite impressed. It's a vampire story that uses Catholicism as an integral part of its world view, not just as a crucifix-n-holy-water decoration. A Catholic vampire story would be risky to attempt, but the author pulled it off. Check it out, even if you're not Catholic. (I'm Lutheran fwiw.)