What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > modern fiction about fishing and camping in northern California

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally | 3 comments I think this was written in about 2000. The book was about a young man I think from San Francisco who goes fishing and camping in the sierras while dealing with his troublesome marriage. He describes his fishing trips on various rivers in northern California.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Author male or female? Remember the cover? Does the wife have a role/any dialogue or does the whole book center around the man?

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally | 3 comments I think the author was a male. The book was mostly about the man camping and fishing. The different rivers he camped at were mentioned. He talked about revisiting places he and his wife camped at when he first met his wife.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 15, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Is the man travelling alone in your book? How does he get around - hike, canoe, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the man - his job, his wife's job, children, etc.?

What's the tone - quiet/meditative, depressing/somber, angsty, mystery, etc.

message 5: by Sally (new)

Sally | 3 comments The man drives to the different rivers where he fishes and camps. There are no children in the story. I don't remember what their jobs are. He is trying to decide what to do and how he feels. There is no anger.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Sally, are you still looking for this or did you find it?