Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Short story of 4,700 words. Contemporary fic.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shane (new)

Shane | 2 comments Consider this: I'm not looking for serious write ups of what I've done, just some opinions by those interested in the story. Thus, if you don't like contemporary or literary fiction, you probably won't be much help. Also, if 2nd person POV really annoys you, here's my fair warning. (That being said, if there are aspects of the 2nd POV in my short story you think are lacking, please point it out.)

My short story is called "The Heart is the Ears", a sad tale of a dysfunctional father and a cellphone that listens in. I'm seeking 2-3 beta readers to state both positives and drawbacks of it. Any help is appreciated. Comment below if you are interested, and I'll send you a private message to get started. Or, if you just can't wait, send me a message right away. : )

I just wrote a novel, and while I'm working on fine-tuning, I've been testing short stories. I hope to have this short story published in a lit magazine and/or entered into a contest or two. If you have knowledge of what stories fit this criteria + if mine does, I'm very interested. I honestly don't know what kinds of people will like the type of stuff I write. Thank you for getting this far.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tsipouras | 103 comments I'm interested.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I would be interested.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Grantham (michaelgrantham) | 12 comments Hi Shane,
Are you willing to trade?
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Shane (new)

Shane | 2 comments Thanks everyone. I think I have enough help now. I'll be contacting the individuals above.