Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Books with dual publishers and ISBN

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Stroemquist (poorlonesomecowboy) | 14 comments Got a number of books in a series of Agatha Christie-reissues that I thought I'd add. On the front cover there is a split publisher credit (Bonniers/Lettura) and on the back an ISBN.

On the copyright page, however, there are two different ISBN10s listed (one per publisher). Haven't seen it before. My gut reaction was to list the one given on the dust cover and give the other in notes. But should I then list just the publisher associated with that ISBN? Or is there another correct option?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44982 comments Mod
Thomas wrote: "My gut reaction was to list the one given on the dust cover and give the other in notes. But should I then list just the publisher associated with that ISBN?"

That sounds like a good plan to me.

message 3: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments Please could somebody put the correct publisher (which is 'Schism[2]') on these titles: An Ideal for Living by Eugene Thacker, Spooky Plan by Drew Kalbach, Squeal for Joy by David Hoenigman. Thanks.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26559 comments #3 done

Though you should of created a new thread.

message 5: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments thank you, Sandra. I tried, but it wouldn't let me start a new thread.

message 6: by lethe (last edited Jul 26, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

lethe | 14556 comments In every folder there is a green link 'new topic' at the top of the page, above 'last activity'.

You can also use this link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/new?c... (Book issues is correct in most cases, but you can choose another folder from the drop-down menu).