What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > children's book from the 70's-80's. Dog with broken heart is taken in by doctor.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Snoopypanda (new)

Snoopypanda (iloveromance96) Hi, I have been trying to remember the name of a book that I read as a child back in the 70's. I barely remember anything about it except that it's about a dog who is heartbroken for some reason or another. He leaves town and goes to search for a doctor down this long path. He tells the doctor why he's sad and the doctor wraps a bandage around the dog's waist and treats his broken heart that way. But in the end the doctor takes him in and loves him. I wish I could remember more about it but I think the cover was blue and yellow and I love the illustrations in it. That's what I remember most. Any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 14, 2016 02:21PM) (new)

For increased chance of success, please add more to your title. ie. "dog with broken heart"

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40227 comments Mod
Picture book or chapter book?

message 4: by Snoopypanda (new)

Snoopypanda (iloveromance96) Lobstergirl wrote: "Picture book or chapter book?"
Chapter book with pictures from what I remember. I know it had pictures in it b/c I vividly remember the dog on the path with the bandage around his chest. Thanks for responding.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:27PM) (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
"Blue's Broken Heart" (1960) by Jean Merrill? "Dr. Thomas, a veterinarian, helps cure a small dog's broken heart. Grades 1-2."

Cover image: www.amazon.com/Blues-Broken-Heart-Jea...

Subjects: Dogs -- Juvenile fiction. Veterinarians -- Juvenile fiction. Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/blues-b...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Impressive Kris!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Oh, I just started with the advanced search on www.Worldcat.org. It's great for older children's books.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40227 comments Mod
Andrea, was Kris's suggestion your book or are you still looking?