Play Book Tag discussion

Baby Doll
This topic is about Baby Doll
Archive: Other Books > Baby Doll by Hollie Overton - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megalion | 484 comments Not your normal psychological thriller.

What happens AFTER a girl kidnapped years ago, comes home?

Reintegration to society alone is tough. These days, the world moves so fast.

What about family and friends? They were devastated and were affected deeply by the loss. They are victims too.

How do these things reconcile themselves?

That's the gripping premise of this book. The psychological fallout.

Lily escapes and turns out, all along she was mere miles away from town.

Adding to the complex mix: She has a twin. She bore a daughter in captivity.

Lily's experience after coming home reveals another thing about post-captivity. For her, the horrors are a thing of the past. She's lived them for years. It's over now. But for everyone else, they're learning for the first time what happened and it's deeply traumatic.

But Lily has no interest in revisiting any of that.

A truly different kind of psychological thriller. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Thank you to the publisher for the free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Ack, had to stop reading when I got to the name "Lily". Sounds good but I can't read a book where a child named Lily is kidnapped because I have an 8 year old with the same name.

Megalion | 484 comments Oh no. Yeah talk about trigger!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9383 comments I read the Tatiana de Rosnay book, the most well known one whose title I am completely blanking on, when my son was four. The exact age. I never got over it and it haunts me for life. Sometimes you can't read things too close to home. I can't even continue to remember that. I have to now shudder, shake it off, and take my six year old to ice cream and the pool. Pleasure to be reading the best. Juicy poolside dysfunction! Love it!

Megalion | 484 comments Now I must add that to my TBR. Heheh

Megalion | 484 comments I can't find it. Are you sure she wrote it?

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9383 comments Meant to read as the Nest! Your standard 3 star summer read. But I am having a great time!