Reading & Rambling discussion

And So It Begins...

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments I'm so excited to start this group! I've really wanted to participate in liveshow discussions, it's just not the same watching :)

Does anyone have a book/series that you'd like to read for the month? We can always decide for August, since July is half over.

I haven't read Carry On yet, and was thinking about reading it soon.
I also wanted to read the 2nd and 3rd book in the Grisha trilogy, but we could always discuss book one (I never did a book talk for it).
I've also been meaning to read The Selection series, and the Shatter Me series

Or if someone has another idea, throw it out there :)

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 11 comments I would go for Shadow and Bone cause I haven't had a chance to read it yet or the first book in the selection series. Because it's so close I'd personally rather read a book I already have rather than purchasing/looking for a new one. Or we could also anything Rick Riordan writes(I know it's middle grade but it's still interesting and does fall under the fantasy category) but it's just suggestion. Or Cinder, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Reboot, of Afterworlds. Other suggestions for now at least but like I said, we could start with Shadow and Bone or The Selection and I'd be fine with that.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments I actually haven't read the Percy Jackson series yet. I know, I'm terrible XD. I loved Magnus Chase, though.

message 4: by Michela (new)

Michela (bookishbranches) | 3 comments I've read Shadow and Bone but I haven't gotten around to discussing it so if you want to start with that I'd be fine with that. I've also been meaning to read Carry On, Truthwitch, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm already planning on reading Reboot this month, so if you want to discuss that this month we can! I'm basically fine with anything, it's just whatever you're in the mood for! :)

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments I loved Truthwitch so much! I rented it from the library back in February, and now I'm buying it for my birthday. It was wonderful.
The only book I'm really opposed to is Daughter of Smoke and Bone--I read it and have some issues with it that I'm not going to go into here.
Reboot sounds interesting, too, though!

message 6: by Alekkai (new)

Alekkai (goodreadscomthebookswarlock) The lunar chronicles is a very brilliant delightful unique series I had fell in love with. Going on to finishing the series it's a must-be read one!
There is also the new book the trials of Apollo which will make a good funny read!!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 39 comments Hey,
I'd be down with reading Grisha trilogy. I have read the first one but it was a while ago so i wouldn't mind rereading it. I would also be cool with the heroes of Olympus series which it more ya then the Percy Jackson series.
Other suggestions for the future:
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Noor wrote: "The lunar chronicles is a very brilliant delightful unique series I had fell in love with. Going on to finishing the series it's a must-be read one!
There is also the new book the trials of Apollo..."

I love the Lunar Chronicles so much!

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments So do we want to start with Shadow and Bone for August? Should I make a poll?

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Victoria wrote: "Hey,
I'd be down with reading Grisha trilogy. I have read the first one but it was a while ago so i wouldn't mind rereading it. I would also be cool with the heroes of Olympus series which it more..."

I really want to read the Heroes of Olympus series, that's part of why I really need to get started on Percy Jackson, lol.

message 11: by Devin (new)

Devin  (theshelfie) | 20 comments Hello,
Shadow and Bone sounds pretty good, I've heard great things about it. Might I also suggest A Court of Thorns and Roses? I haven't read that one yet but really want to!! Percy Jackson would be good too- I've only read the first 2 but it would be pretty cool to read a series as a group :)

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Devin wrote: "Hello,
Shadow and Bone sounds pretty good, I've heard great things about it. Might I also suggest A Court of Thorns and Roses? I haven't read that one yet but really want to!! Percy Jackson would ..."

I actually just read ACOTAR and ACOMAF :)

message 13: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 15, 2016 06:35PM) (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments So it looks like Cinder will be our book for August, since everyone has voted. How does everyone want to set up the discussion threads?

Do we want just a spoiler and non-spoiler section, or to go by a certain number of chapters (ex. up to chapter 3, up to chapter 6).

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 11 comments I'm messing everything up! I'm so sorry guys!!! My computer and phone are being super weird and making me click on things I didn't mean to click on. I accidentally deleted someone's comment. Sorry

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 39 comments I feel like it would be better to do a spoiler and non-spoiler section to try out first. I think it makes more sense considering the amount of people we have and i know for me personally since this will be a reread i would be able to talk about things i didn't notice the first time around without worrying about spoiling something.
We can always change it up the following month if we don't like it.

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Victoria wrote: "I feel like it would be better to do a spoiler and non-spoiler section to try out first. I think it makes more sense considering the amount of people we have and i know for me personally since this..."

I was thinking that might be the easiest way. I just wanted to make sure no one wanted more specific spoiler free sections along the way.

message 17: by Zyndi (new)

Zyndi Silva (zyndisilva) | 21 comments So what day is the discussion for Cinder? This will be a Reread for me but I am super okay what that. Are the discussions monthly?

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Cyndi wrote: "So what day is the discussion for Cinder? This will be a Reread for me but I am super okay what that. Are the discussions monthly?"

I was thinking they would be monthly. And the date is still to be decided at this point :)

message 19: by Zyndi (new)

Zyndi Silva (zyndisilva) | 21 comments Is this a whole book discussion or in parts?

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Cyndi wrote: "Is this a whole book discussion or in parts?"

Are you asking about the liveshow discussion on youtube/google+ or the discussion threads here on goodreads?

The liveshow discussion (date to be decided) will be for the entire book, and I was thinking that those would be once a month.

There will also be two discussion threads here on goodreads, one for spoilers, so it can be the entire book, and one non-spoiler section for people making their way through the book, and who might still want to talk about it without worrying about finding out things that come later.

I'm going to make those threads very soon--I could actually make them now if people want.

Did that answer your question? I'm sorry if things seemed confusing.

message 21: by Zyndi (new)

Zyndi Silva (zyndisilva) | 21 comments Thank you. I got it now! I'll get started on the book. I think you can take your time on the threads. Unless others already want to discuss. :)

message 22: by Devin (new)

Devin  (theshelfie) | 20 comments I'm so excited we get to read Cinder!!! I've been putting it off for so long!!

message 23: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Sepúlveda | 5 comments Nice choice but I don't think I can start the book this month. I have like 4 more books to read in July so I'll join the activity in the next month :D

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Daniel wrote: "Nice choice but I don't think I can start the book this month. I have like 4 more books to read in July so I'll join the activity in the next month :D"

Cinder is our book for August! But still, no pressure :)

message 25: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 148 comments Devin wrote: "I'm so excited we get to read Cinder!!! I've been putting it off for so long!!"

I love it so much!!!

message 26: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Sepúlveda | 5 comments Daniel wrote: "Nice choice but I don't think I can start the book this month. I have like 4 more books to read in July so I'll join the activity in the next month :D"
Great! I think I'll make it :D