#ComedyBookWeek discussion

#ComedyBookWeek 2016 > Bloggers, this one's for you

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Meerkat asked if she can promote her blog, and she makes a great point.
Bloggers, do you want to list your pages in this thread? And maybe a quick list of interest?
So I can finally stop trying to push my legal comedies on the folks who only blog about paranormal romance? And I have no paranormal and no romance?

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Whoops. Should have read this first before posting in the other thread! lol

My blog: https://happymeerkatreviews.wordpress...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happymeerkat...
I also stick all my book reviews now on a new site just so you know, my profile: https://mytrendingstories.com/profile...

Interests: I have preferred genres but I like trying almost any so felxible :). Maybe I should just leave this link for everyone to check out: https://happymeerkatreviews.wordpress... - shameless self promotion :p!

message 3: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Welcome, welcome, Meerkat, blogger who came first!
We have you down for "anything." Beware! The floodgates are about to open.
How many subscribers on your blog? What countries?

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Okay maybe not ANYTHING but I do accept most books It's easier to see my submissions page (link above) to see what I review.
As for subscribers my blog currently stats say I've got....190 followers!! Yay! I've only been going for a few months :).
As for countries I have people from everywhere, the UK, America, Canada, South America, India, Australia, etc...many countries :D

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments Hi! Thanks for letting me join in. I am a blogger and excited about the #ComedyBookWeek!

message 6: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Welcome, Vicki!

https://vickgoodwin.wordpress.com/
History, Romance, Historical Fiction and Non Fiction, Cozy Mysteries and gritty hard core mysteries.

Right?

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments That's me!
Portia wrote: "Welcome, Vicki!

History, Romance, Historical Fiction and Non Fiction, Cozy Mysteries and gritty hard core mysteries.

Right?"

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments I just reviewed my first Horror Audiobook!
Portia wrote: "Welcome, Vicki!

Right?"

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments Hi Happy Meerkat!
Thehappymeerkat wrote: "Okay maybe not ANYTHING but I do accept most books It's easier to see my submissions page (link above) to see what I review.
As for subscribers my blog currently stats say I've got....190 followers..."

message 10: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Hi, nice to see you here. Now I don't feel so alone. Any other bloggers out there....?

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments oh good! Looks like a little meerkat needs to make a post! Including an invitation.
Thehappymeerkat wrote: "Hi, nice to see you here. Now I don't feel so alone. Any other bloggers out there....?"

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments I like comedies :) I like to do reviews.
Portia wrote: "Meerkat asked if she can promote her blog, and she makes a great point.
Bloggers, do you want to list your pages in this thread? And maybe a quick list of interest?
So I can finally stop trying to..."

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Burtness (swbauthor) | 6 comments Hi Vicki!

I write horror comedy for a gen-X audience. My first book, Wisconsin Vamp is about a lovable loser in rural WI that becomes a vampire. As he fumbles into his newfound abilities, he starts to out-shine his best friend and bowling partner. Their escalating rivalry peaks when the go for the same girl.

If you want to check it out, email me at swbauthor [at] gmail and I can gift you an Amazon ebook. If you enjoy it and want to read the sequel, I can gift you Northwoods Wolfman too.

Thanks!

Scott

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments I will certainly read and review it. I have not read that genre
Scott wrote: "Hi Vicki!

I write horror comedy for a gen-X audience. My first book, Wisconsin Vamp is about a lovable loser in rural WI that becomes a vampire. As he fumbles into his newfound abilities, he start..."

message 15: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Guys I can't review any more books for #ComedyBookWeek this year apart from the ones I've already promised to do, sorry. But I do review books in general and you can see my submissions page for an easy way to contact me plus all info about my reviews if you want a review outside of #ComedyBookWeek :)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments I would be happy to.

Portia wrote: "Vicki, what are the chances you'd maybe review Beaver vs. Beaver?
Beaver vs. Beaver, a legal comedy (Family Court, #1) by Portia Porter"

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments No sorry. I don't have Unlimited.
Portia wrote: "It's free on Kindle Unlimited. You use?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EXPB8F8#..."

message 18: by Lillith (new)

Lillith A (LillithAndrews) | 1 comments It occurred to me. What if Meerkat is not a "she"? The Kat did not actually tell us if she's a "she"?

Also, bloggers: please reveal yourself. Surely we have more than just 2?

message 19: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Oh 'she' is definitely a she :)!

message 20: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments In my heart, I knew it.

message 21: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments :)

message 22: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments I never knew bloggers were so shy lol. Actually more a case of maybe not knowing about this group? Me thinks Ana should mass email all bloggers taking part. I might put out a call about it too!

message 23: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Shhhh... it's deep night in Australia.

message 24: by Ana (new)

Ana Spoke | 31 comments Mod
Haha, I'm awake now. I have contacted about 100 bloggers with the general announcement of the event, but I've learned that 1) they usually need 3+ months notice and 2) it helps to have an official-looking website, which I did not have at the time.

The plan for next year is to assemble a list of bloggers in the first 5-6 months, while collecting participating books, then blast bloggers in January-March.

I have posted on a couple of Goodreads groups and I think a couple of people came across that way - will be more of that.

message 25: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 28 comments It's been a quick turnaround and I think you've done great in the short time between idea and event. As with anything, things will get better the more it's done. I think you've done a fantastic job. It's got me some nice reviews and a few sales. Nothing that's going to make me a millionaire, but sales I would never have had without CBW.

Next year can only get better and I can't wait for it :D

message 26: by Ana (new)

Aww, thank you so much, Matthew! Means a lot - it has been a big investment in time and money for me, and it's awesome to know that it has made a difference :-)

message 27: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments You're definitely right about that Ana, bloggers will be able to contribute with better notice. If I have more than a month in advance I can do many more posts just for #ComedyBookWeek.
This is the first year though and for the first year I think it's going really well! Next year can only get better :):)

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments We do need more bloggers and Interviews involved. Such a huge turn out for an event that you planned in such a short period of time! I have been so excited to be included in this first annual #ComedyBookWeek. What a wonderful event this is! I too can't wait for next year! I will do more than 4 reviews! Maybe I can learn to interview or something productive by next year :)

Congrats on the sales Matthew!

message 29: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Vicki is a review guru.

message 30: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 28 comments Thanks Vicki :) I'll think of something too. I have hammered out a load of interviews this year so I hope those have brought about some sales.

I'm sure I can do something else next year too so I'll have a good think. I am hoping my novel will be out by this time in 2017 so I'll have something else to take part in the event.

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments You have me blushing over here. :) I just love letting other people see what I love about books.

Portia wrote: "Vicki is a review guru."

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments Good luck on getting out the new book! That's awesome news. Matthew wrote: "Thanks Vicki :) I'll think of something too. I have hammered out a load of interviews this year so I hope those have brought about some sales.

I'm sure I can do something else next year too so I'l..."

message 33: by Thehappymeerkat (new)

Thehappymeerkat | 69 comments Considering how far my blog's come in such a short time I have no doubt I'll be doing more than just reviews next year too, I want to help :).
Congratulations on the sales and I hope this #CBW helps everyone's books gain sales and exposure :)

message 34: by Ana (new)

Thank you all so much :-) Very exciting, all of it, and sky's the limit - it's all about comedy, so perhaps we can try out-of-the-box things. Wrangle some of the market share from erotica!!

message 35: by Portia (new)

Portia Porter | 41 comments Dear ComedyBookWeekers, Ana's site now has the "donate" button.
Let's surprise her with donations before the sun is up in Australia. I just gave. Comment when you give, too. Even a dollar counts!

message 36: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments I will go donate now. :)
Portia wrote: "Dear ComedyBookWeekers, Ana's site now has the "donate" button.
Let's surprise her with donations before the sun is up in Australia. I just gave. Comment when you give, too. Even a dollar counts!"

message 37: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments Like have an #EroticaBookWeek?

Ana wrote: "Thank you all so much :-) Very exciting, all of it, and sky's the limit - it's all about comedy, so perhaps we can try out-of-the-box things. Wrangle some of the market share from erotica!!"

message 38: by Ana (new)

Hahaha! I think them erotica writers have the whole year...no, just thinking of directing some attention away from the bare-chested male book covers and towards the funny ones.

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 46 comments Oh good, I get embarrassed by some of those covers.
LOL I haven't ever reviewed one.
Ana wrote: "Hahaha! I think them erotica writers have the whole year...no, just thinking of directing some attention away from the bare-chested male book covers and towards the funny ones."