A Good Thriller discussion

PIFM - Archive > PIFM - Chat/Banter/Review Your August Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5781 comments Mod
This thread is where you can chat about all things PIFM, ask questions and once books have been read, review your selected reads. A complete free for all.

PLEASE NOTE:

PIFM is meant to be FUN and not to be taken seriously. I would appreciate it if all participants just chilled and not get worked up about voting, who votes, who doesn't, etc. Please bear in mind that some will just want to vote, many don't come on everyday and most of us have time constraints. I just want a relaxed approach to it all and for you all to just enjoy the process! I'd really appreciate your courtesy in this matter. Thanks.

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8197 comments I was starting to wonder....

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 1142 comments I guess you are as obsessed as me. Poor Janet had a bout with the flu which delayed August.

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8197 comments Oh, was that it? I thought someone was on vacation. Poor Janet...

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale My list is up.

message 6: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 939 comments I will be getting my list up. I am going to be out of town next week in the wilderness with no service of any kind, but I WILL get everyone's vote in before the end of the month. :)
Didn't want anyone worrying about me. I will be river rafting/kayaking on the Rogue River for 3 days. Can't wait!!

message 7: by Agnieszka (last edited Jul 15, 2016 01:55AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Vicki wrote: "I will be getting my list up. I am going to be out of town next week in the wilderness with no service of any kind, but I WILL get everyone's vote in before the end of the month. :)
Didn't want an..."

How wonderful I envy you and wish you great time!

message 8: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Dana,
really tough choice - can't decide between Free of Malice, The Time Traveler's Wife & My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry :-)

Perri,
can't decide between A Street Cat Named Bob & Bats Sing, Mice Giggle

As always I'll decide sometime around the 25th :-)

Vicki,
it was a tough choice between My Heart and Other Black Holes & The Lake House. In case you have a tie feel free to change my vote between these two :-)

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments I won't be putting up a list for August. I kinda went nuts in the library and have plenty of books now. But I will vote!

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 593 comments Have fun Vicki!!

I understand that feeling Brenda... I just love the library :)

message 11: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8197 comments Wow, it sure looks like Kisscut is running away with it.

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments With 6 votes in so far I have two leaders.

Mary I don't have a book called 'Chosen By a Horse' that is for Perri :)

message 13: by Perri (new)

Perri ooOOoo, I was wondering if Mary had accidentally skipped me. It can get tricky going back and forth btwn lists!

message 14: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 750 comments Exactly Perri! I just made the correction. I was up late last night finishing a book, then decided to join this! It looks like I did this while I was asleep lol! Sorry about the errors.

Also my list is made up!

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale Looks like the book about Katherine Swynford is in the lead for me with 4 votes and Memories of a Cuban Kitchen is in 2nd place with 3 votes.

message 16: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Mary,
I can't decide between Die Trying & I Let You Go. I'll vote in about a week :-)

Daisy,
I'm really curious about this new series by Evanovich.

message 17: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 328 comments Agnieszka wrote: "Mary,

Daisy,
I'm really curious about this new series by Evanovich."

Agnieszka,
I'm seeing great reviews on it. Some say it's as funny or funnier than the Stephanie Plum series. I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 18: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 750 comments Agnieszka wrote: "Mary,

Daisy,

Agnieszka I just found out today that my library only has the ebook for I Let You Go and it is due back to the library tomotrow. I couldnt renew it, so I guess it is going to have to be Die Trying. I have that book. Last time when I put I Let You Go on hold it took a month to get it.

message 19: by Agnieszka (last edited Jul 18, 2016 01:36AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Mary wrote: "Agnieszka wrote: "Mary,

Daisy,

Agnieszka I just found out t..."

I know the pain and it makes it much easier with the vote - I updated the thread. I really loved Die Trying.

message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments My leader is now Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen which has been on my tbr shelf forever! So it would be good to get that one read finally :)

message 21: by Agnieszka (last edited Jul 19, 2016 04:47AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Sophie,

Right now I'm trying to decide between Deliver Her & Truly Madly Guilty :-) As usual I'll make up my mind until the 25th.

Christy,
Welcome and enjoy the fun here :-)

message 22: by Perri (new)

Perri I thought Oogy was going to win, but there's a sudden challenge by Chosen by a Horse...

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (meldoc) | 649 comments Stephanie wrote: "It is a bit tricky!! Have to keep 2 Windows open...

I like how everyone has such a different variety of books here!"

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who struggles with the back and forth between lists and descriptions. I was thinking I was the only one who messed things up.

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (meldoc) | 649 comments I am off to read descriptions and post my votes.

message 25: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 750 comments It looks like my read is going to be Redemption Road but Die Trying is in second place by one vote.

message 26: by Melanie (last edited Jul 19, 2016 04:13PM) (new)

Melanie (meldoc) | 649 comments Votes posted everyone!
I know that some I voted for will not make any difference at this point...tough choices but I still went with my favourites.
Happy Reading All

Please vote for me, I am late to the game this month...busy enjoying this beautiful summer.

message 27: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 1142 comments I believe that we can list and vote until the end of the month.

message 28: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale The sooner the better, Stephanie.

message 29: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments Amber - I'm not sure which book of mine you've voted for as you put 'God/Raven'. Is that 'When God was a Rabbit' or 'The Raven's Head'??

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 178 comments Hi everyone! I have my posted my list! Please vote :-). I will start looking at everyone's lists and vote soon. Thanks :-)

message 31: by Perri (new)

Perri woah, Chosen surges into the lead. So many horse fans :)

message 32: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5781 comments Mod
Patricia is correct. Right up to the end of the month for listing and voting is fine. :)

message 33: by Perri (new)

Perri Stephanie wrote: "Awesome, Melanie!

I am going to catch up my voting when on something better than phone.

I was new last month -- just wondering -- is there standard timing around when we are to vote, opt in wit..."

Stephanie... this is the least rigid group on GR. relax enjoy :)

message 34: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Don't sweat it Amy, we still love you and are glad you made it :-)

message 35: by Perri (new)

Perri Agnieszka wrote: "Don't sweat it Amy, we still love you and are glad you made it :-)"

Ditto, plus you made a change in my tally.-Oogy's back in contention!

message 36: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments Amy - you made an effect on mine I have a draw!! lol :)

message 37: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9687 comments Mod
Hi all

have added my votes...

Toughest choice by a long way

Mary with I Let You Go, Die Trying and Gone Missing... All three great books..

Perri you must read A Street Cat Named Bob, tears of sadness, tears of joy, it touches your heart !

message 38: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments And Sean broke it :)

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale Mandy wrote: "Amber - I'm not sure which book of mine you've voted for as you put 'God/Raven'. Is that 'When God was a Rabbit' or 'The Raven's Head'??"

Yeah, I misread "Rabbit" as "Raven." Go ahead and change my vote on your list, and I'll correct my mistake as soon as I can.

message 40: by Perri (new)

Perri Sean, Bob is behind but gaining some traction! I love animal stories and sure I'll get around to it. :)

message 41: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 750 comments Sean wrote: "Hi all

have added my votes...

Toughest choice by a long way

Mary with I Let You Go, Die Trying and Gone Missing... All three great books..

Glad to hear that! Unfortunately I Let You Go I need to return it at the library, and cant renew it, but its on hold again! I am hoping to read all three of these next month along with Redemption Rd and Burial Rites.

message 42: by Melanie (last edited Jul 23, 2016 05:36PM) (new)

Melanie (meldoc) | 649 comments Melanie ...I haven't forgotten about you. We are headed out on vacation this weekend and it has been a busy few days getting ready plus I LOVE historical anything so taking time to decide. I will post my votes soon.

message 43: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Melanie wrote: "Melanie (US)...I haven't forgotten about you. We are headed out on vacation this weekend and it has been a busy few days getting ready plus I LOVE historical anything so taking time to decide. I wi..."

Have great time and I hope you'll find also some time for reading among all the family time ;-)

message 44: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 653 comments Perri wrote: "Agnieszka wrote: "Don't sweat it Amy, we still love you and are glad you made it :-)"

Ditto, plus you made a change in my tally.-Oogy's back in contention!"

It really did make me tear up...how people can use dogs as bait and hurt animals just makes me so sick. I guess it shoudn't be that shocking anymore when we see what people do to one another in this world. *sad face and a head shake

message 45: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 653 comments Agnieszka wrote: "Don't sweat it Amy, we still love you and are glad you made it :-)"

Thanks so much, Agnieszka...you know all your faces and spirits have lifted mine so much since last year. You will all never have any idea how much :)))

message 46: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Amy wrote: "Agnieszka wrote: "Don't sweat it Amy, we still love you and are glad you made it :-)"

Thanks so much, Agnieszka...you know all your faces and spirits have lifted mine so much since last year. You ..."

We are really happy if we can help to make your life easier - in any way we can. Life can be sometimes a bitch and I don't think it's any good to make it harder for anyone I know so I try not to :-)

message 47: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 653 comments Making it a hard choice again. Just by default of needing to get to all of these. I'll likely only be able to take one on vacation as most are hard copies and I collect hard covers. I'll take some ebooks though on my ipad. Now that Brenda introduced me in our buddy read, I have been meaning to get to another. Vacation will be the perfect time.

message 48: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1448 comments Amy,

it's a really tough choice and I need some additional day to decide between Victor (The Killer / The Hunter - that's really a great book), The Silkworm and "A" is for Alibi. Actually all the books on your list are really great :-)

message 49: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1081 comments I think all my votes are up to date now.
Perri - Chosen by a Horse is on my bookshelf at home and I'm so glad I got it. I was so torn between that and Oogy though and think I might have to read Oogy myself!

Agnieszka - l look forward to your vote haha

Christy - Welcome to the group :)

Stephanie - I'm not sure if its still available but Netgalley sent me a free copy of Truly Madly Guilty so if you're signed up with them and want to read it then its worth a look?

message 50: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments Amy, Amy, Amy. It was so hard picking a book for you!!! You know I love Sharon Bolton's books, but you haven't read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo yet. And then you listed VOID. Sigh.

« previous 1 3