Young Beginner Writers (closed) discussion

Writing Prompts > Writing For Fun!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lorien (new)

lorien | 2222 comments Mod
(1 Write about a dog or any other pet who has a different language and doesn't have any owners.

(2 An orphan traveling far away from home.

(3 An outlaw who is being chased unjustly.

(4 A child/children who are separated from their parents during a war.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril Is there a word limit?

message 3: by lorien (new)

Nope. You're going to be judge based on your writing style, if it's nice and flowing and stuff like that (check for grammar too please!), characters, and you won't be judged just because you used too little or too many words either.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily   Skyril wrote: "Is there a word limit?"

There is no specific word limit, we would just like everyone to keep them as "Short Stories".

message 5: by lorien (new)

(5 Your MC is trapped in an unknown world . . . What does he/she do from there?

message 6: by lorien (last edited Aug 02, 2016 09:57AM) (new)

(6 Your MC's little brother kept on pushing him/her to show him he/she's new time machine that he/she built. He/she tells him no but he accidentily bumps into a button that activates the time machine and sucks them both into time.

message 7: by R.E. (new)

R.E. Banks | 158 comments 7) Your main character is accused of murder.

message 8: by R.E. (new)

R.E. Banks | 158 comments 8) Your main character is involved (willingly or unwillingly) in a deadly plot.

message 9: by Coralie (new)

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 386 comments Mod
Ooh, 6 is AWESOME! These are really starting to get creative!!!

message 10: by lorien (new)

Thanks! Skyril suggested that we should do different types of prompts, so I decided to go for it.

message 11: by lorien (new)

(9 Writing Prompt : Your MC is the son/daughter of the current president (you can choose which historical period that is). How do they feel about being the son/daughter of the president?

message 12: by lorien (new)

I can't wait to read yours!

message 13: by lorien (new)

Winter wrote: "Haha if I can get it in by the 28th... *chews bails*"

Haha. Sorry Winter but that's only for Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers. For this group you have until Oct. 31st to post you're story.

message 14: by lorien (new)

It's definitely fine! : ) I have times like that too. Especially when everyone replies to you when you're rping.

message 15: by lorien (new)

True! : )

message 16: by lorien (new)

Christmas themed Prompts :

1) : Your MC is spending Christmas at a distant relative's ranch. He/she finds out that there are secrets hidden deep within the family. What are those secrets and will they destroy the family?

2) : It was just a regular snowy day when you MC spots a reindeer lying, wounded, in the snow. No one is around to help your MC and it's up to he/she to do what's right. Who knows? Maybe the reindeer will be your MC's present or will grant them a wish for their troubles.

3) : Your MC never had Christmas with a family ever since that day. He/she lives in a foster home and wishes that they could just spend one year with a family. But things are not what they seem. What happpens?

4) : It's Christmas Eve in another world. They have different traditions for the upcoming holiday. Do they live on a planet or do they live in a world filled with magic and mythical creatures? Does your MC do something sneaky on Christmas Eve or do they give treats and cookies on that day?

message 17: by ☯Meera☯ (new)

☯Meera☯ (meeracle19) | 77 comments I like number 4) lol

message 18: by lorien (new)

Thank you Meera! :D
If you have some Prompts, feel free to share them!

message 19: by Coralie (new)

What about a Christmas fanfiction?

message 20: by lorien (new)

For writing prompts? If so, sure! :D

message 21: by Coralie (new)

Yeah, I was working on a Nancy Drew Christmas story. It won't be done in time to enter for the contest, but it got me to thinking others might have fanfiction they want to share.

message 22: by lorien (new)

That's an excellent idea! I always love Christmas Specials.

message 23: by Coralie (new)

HEY, ALL! So!! Super important announcement:
We have decided to extend the deadline for the Christmas short story competition! Stories are now due in by Christmas Eve, the 24th! Happy writing and Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to reading several wonderful and fluffy entries

message 24: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Where do we send them in?

message 25: by lorien (new)

message 26: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Okay Thank You!
I'm still working on it :)

message 27: by lorien (new)

You're welcome!
You're going to participate? Wow, that's awesome! I can't wait to reads yours and everyone else's. :D