Book Snails Book Group discussion

Group Information > Wanted: Opinions/Feedback on the Group and Books

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1150 comments Mod
So...tell me...now that you're here and getting to know each other, how would you all like to go about this? First question: shall we read a Book of the Month (BOTM) or a Book of the Quarter, every 3-4 months/seasonal reads (BOTQ), or something else? We all have varying schedules and I know some can devote more time to reading than others. Please pitch in with ideas, and hopefully we can come to an agreement!

message 2: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi (bookfetisher) i would like a quarterly read. But we can have quarterly challenges or yearly challenges with less books, not a huge pile!
I like to take up challenges but i prefer my own timeline usually :P

message 3: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Sounds like a good idea, Pallavi. I was leaning toward a quarterly read as well. Yes to challenges!

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "Sounds like a good idea, Pallavi. I was leaning toward a quarterly read as well. Yes to challenges!"

I am on board for quarterly. I think if we find that more and more people finish a lot sooner, we can always change it later. And yes to challenges as well! Maybe little prizes.....

message 5: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Ok, 3 votes so far for quarterly. If you can, please take a minute and vote on the poll asking this same question; it'll be easier to see the results that way after everyone's had a chance to vote. I guess I'll leave the polls up for a few weeks. I'd like to maybe get started by August with a chosen book, but we'll see. I need help with challenge ideas, and maybe prizes...that would be neat!

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 29 comments I like the idea of seasonal reads. I am already making a Christmas read list. So I would be voting for quarterly. I will vote on the poll...where is it?

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Debbie wrote: "I like the idea of seasonal reads. I am already making a Christmas read list. So I would be voting for quarterly. I will vote on the poll...where is it?"

Hi Debbie!! This is where you will find the poll at: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1...

Thanks so much!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 29 comments thanks I found it and voted

message 9: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Debbie wrote: "I like the idea of seasonal reads. I am already making a Christmas read list. So I would be voting for quarterly. I will vote on the poll...where is it?"

Thanks for voting, Debbie! So far we seem to favor seasonal/quarterly.

message 10: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Julie wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I like the idea of seasonal reads. I am already making a Christmas read list. So I would be voting for quarterly. I will vote on the poll...where is it?"

Hi Debbie!! This is where y..."

Good job, Julie. Perfecto! ;-)

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "Julie wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I like the idea of seasonal reads. I am already making a Christmas read list. So I would be voting for quarterly. I will vote on the poll...where is it?"

Hi Debbie!! T..."

Thank you!! :-)

message 12: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 10 comments I like the idea of a BOTQ. Gives more time to request a book from the library and to read it.

message 13: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Sammantha wrote: "I like the idea of a BOTQ. Gives more time to request a book from the library and to read it."

I considered that, Sammantha, when suggesting a BOTQ as opposed to a BOTM. It's not always possible to quickly grab a title from the public library for book club, esp. if it's a new release! You're so right, we need that extra time to get our hands on the books!

message 14: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi (bookfetisher) Hi, I didn't understand "Challenge #2: Reading Challenge 2016" ! Does that mean just a number of books to be completed in this year? Or any other particular genre,author etc related books are to be read? I am confused...

message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Pallavi wrote: "Hi, I didn't understand "Challenge #2: Reading Challenge 2016" ! Does that mean just a number of books to be completed in this year? Or any other particular genre,author etc related books are to be..."

Hi Pallavi, Challenge #2 is asking how many books do you think you will read by Dec 31. This would include any books for your book groups plus any you might read just because. Hope this helped. Let us know if you have further questions! Thanks!

message 16: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1884 comments I'm slow sometimes. I just noticed the new holiday-themed image for the club:

Christmas Santa Snail

Thanks, Julie or Allison! Made me smile.

PS: I can't wait till May, for Cinco de Mayo Snail ;p

message 17: by Just Elise (new)

Just Elise (justelise) | 176 comments I just noticed that we have a new mod! Congrats, StarMan!

I'm sure he'll make a fantastic mod. Great choice! :)

message 18: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Congrats, StarMan!

message 19: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1884 comments Thanks, Elise & Kelsey,

I'll try not to mess things up too much, since Allison & Julie are already doing a great job :)

PS: I just posted another freebie in the Free Downloadable Books topic

message 20: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1884 comments I like the new purple snail group photo.

message 21: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
We need a St. Patrick's snail. :)

message 22: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1884 comments Ev wrote: "We need a St. Patrick's snail. :)"

Here's one...

message 23: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
Perfect. Let's make that the group avatar pic! Love it!

message 24: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1884 comments Ev wrote: "Perfect. Let's make that the group avatar pic! Love it!"

Done :)

When Allison's away, the co-mods co-snails will play! (No worries, the previous purple snail photo is saved in the group photos).

message 25: by Ev, Crazy Book Lady (new)

Ev | 197 comments Mod
Sounds good!

message 26: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "I like the new purple snail group photo."

Looks like Spring to me! ;-)

message 27: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Ev wrote: "We need a St. Patrick's snail. :)"

Cute St. Patty's snail!

message 28: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "Ev wrote: "We need a St. Patrick's snail. :)"

Here's one...

"

Love it!