Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Non-Mental Health Chat > Live Music

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) One of the things I love doing in my spare time is going to gigs, so I thought I'd start a discussion for that.

So far this year I've seen Adele, Coldplay (supported by Alessia Cara & Lianne la Havas) and Beyonce. We tried to cut down this year, but ended up just buying more tickets for comedy gigs...

Coldplay has to be one of my favourite gigs - certainly this year, but possibly ever. I'm not a committed Coldplay fan, but my boyfriend loves them and I do like some of their albums. I saw them at Wembley Stadium and they have these wristbands that light up in time with the music. It sounds like a small thing, but when you're at a stadium gig it can be hard to get into the atmosphere because there's just so many people! The wristbands meant that everyone was involved because it created this sea of multicoloured lights, it was INCREDIBLE! I think I loved them also because it took me by surprise how much I enjoyed the gig given that I wasn't a huge fan to start off with.

Any frequent giggers out there? Best gig ever?

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) I love live music but I'm not a frequent gigger as I'm afraid of being in the crowd. So no stadiums for me. My biggest regret is not having been to R.E.M.'s concert in the Arena back when I was living in Verona, but I couldn't come to terms with the crowd. Now I'll never see them again, sigh!

However, I go to concerts in theaters, for instance earlier this year I've seen Diamanda Galàs, who is a very weird Greek-American singer, and I doubt many of you have heard of her before... It was really great, though!

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Mod
Aloha,

Anyone been to any concerts or plays?

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I love Alessia Cara

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Mod
Rumell wrote: "I love Alessia Cara"

Not familar! I shall Google. Mahalo!

Be well,
RM
(alwaysdaddygirl)
🤙🇺🇸