Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1-3)
This topic is about A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms > A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms General Thread ** No Spoilers Here **

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Feb 25, 2017 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Our final Group Read to finish off 2016

It runs from Nov. 1 till Dec. 31

*****EDIT
This will be open for a while since people still intend to read the book so feel free to post. *****

message 2: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - added it

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I doubt I will be starting on November 1st which is only 2 weeks away now. I am so far behind. I guess I just assumed that since GRRM wrote it that it has to be really really long but It is just 3 short Novellas. The whole thing is not even 400 pages long. There is hope for me finishing by the end of they year!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Is anyone going to start this in November?

message 4: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - added it

I am only 15% through ADWD. I wanted to finish that first before I started this but considering that we dont know when we are getting book 6 and how short this one is I am not sure anymore. I may jump to this one and go back to ADWD after. This one is only 368 pages.

message 5: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

I have to throw in the towel with this whole set of books. I am GRRM burnt out. lol

Actually books as a whole have me pretty wore out. But it will pass. These phases always. do.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Can understand. He exhausted me last year. You all did a great job.

message 7: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - added it

He infuriates me! How does everyone else feel?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I am fine. lol but I had a year off. I just want the next book.

message 9: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

Is anyone soon ready to read this? I was in the library and saw it so I grabbed it. I have the ebook as well in case I dont get to it within a month.

If anyone else is going to soon read it I will do it at the same time.

message 10: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Feb 25, 2017 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Don't have the book? No worries! Watch the stories here! Thanks Alex!
(Click on her link)

Alex Farrand wrote: "Hey! I found this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zykoKkF... (hopefully it works) if anyone is reading the hedge knight. It looks decent."

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks like they have the Hedge Knight complete. And 2 of the second story.
Whoever made this did a great job.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cenasmga...

message 12: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yes they did indeed. I found where I was in the book and watched the video instead. I think I will continue this way. It's just like an audiobook but with pictures.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome.

message 14: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Feb 26, 2017 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

House Targaryen family tree:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=targar...

I needed to look at this. You may too.