Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
This topic is about A Thousand Pieces of You
A Thousand Pieces of You, by Claudia Gray

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 113 comments I read this for week 17: "A book with a beautiful cover". I really like the cover, as it looks like it's watercolored, and describles the content/locations of the books well.
I love stories about alternate universes / what if / time travel sort of thing, so this was fun I think! We get a look at the same person, in different circumstances (different world). Listened to the whole thing on audiobook so it took some time, but made my commute to/from work a lot more interesting :)

message 2: by Zaz (new) - added it

Zaz | 2983 comments I agree the covers for this series are really gorgeous. It's a little sad that the series receive mixed feelings as I'm not sure I'll enjoy it, but I'll try the first one for sure because the premise seems interesting :)

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 113 comments This one is definitely worth the try if you're up for some readable YA-fantasy! I read the second book as well, and have to admit I didn't really like it for several reasons (e.g less believable plot, irritation with the characters and less interesting stories), but the first book I liked!

The thing though is that it's hard to just read one book of a trilogy... I felt I had to read the whole Divergent-series for example even though they just became worse and worse, culminating in one of the worst books I've ever read.

message 4: by Zaz (new) - added it

Zaz | 2983 comments There's a topic for the 2nd book I think (or the 3rd?) and it was less appreciated than the 1st, so you're not alone.

I actually bought a paperback of Divergent after finishing the series because I'd like to re-read it, but I don't plan on buying the sequels! Some series are pretty consistent in quality but for some others the more you read the more it disappoints.

Silvia Turcios | 1064 comments Zaz wrote: "There's a topic for the 2nd book I think (or the 3rd?) and it was less appreciated than the 1st, so you're not alone.

I actually bought a paperback of Divergent after finishing the series because ..."

Divergent is a good example here. I gave 4 stars to Divergent, but just 2 to the rest of volume in the series :( I am planning to read A Thousand Pieces of you. The funny thing is that I never heard of this book before the poll for the BOTM and now I am really curious to read it :)

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 113 comments I do hope the next book in this series is better than the second book, and it doesn't stoop to the level of the last book in the Divergent series...

Silvia Turcios | 1064 comments I really love the part in Russia! And althought I enjoyed the book, I also thought it was a little predictable. (view spoiler)