Drop Everything And Read discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Others > Read-to-Review: Author Sign-ups

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (last edited Jul 13, 2016 04:50AM) (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
To sign up, kindly read our guidelines here as well as the following rules.

• This is may or may not work, because this is the first time we are having such a scheme in this group. Hopefully, it will.
• You must be willing to give minimum 4 copies in ebook format (pdf, mobi, epub etc.).
• Remember we cannot do anything with those readers who do not promptly post their reviews, although we will try to get most of them to review it.
• We shall constantly remind the participants that the review copies are for their own purpose only, and not to be shared.

If you want to sign up, please leave the following details either here, or by sending me a private message.
Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads (If it has not yet been listed on Goodreads, I can ask a librarian to do it if you leave the details)
Date of publication/date when the review copies will be available
Number of copies offering
Formats available (eg: pdf, epub, mobi, kindle)

I shall get back to you via personal message.

message 2: by Martyn (last edited Jul 13, 2016 08:43AM) (new)

Martyn Stanley | 4 comments My first book is currently perma-free and I would love some reviews!

The Last Dragon Slayer
The Last Dragon Slayer (Deathsworn Arc, #1) by Martyn Stanley

Summary

Saul Karza, wizard of the Empire, has been given a quest by the Empress herself: To find and slay a mythical 'noble dragon' - said to be near invulnerable.

Instead of leading a large band of soldiers, archers and spell-casters; he sets out with two immigrant dock-workers and a homeless dwarf.

What Saul needs is the legendary 'Last Dragon Slayer' on his side, because on this deadly quest, it's not only Saul's favour with the Empress that's at stake - but also his life.

What it's really about

It's a dark epic fantasy, but it's unusual. A lot of the book focuses on a barbarian agreeing to be mentored by whimsical but cruel at times, lady elf. There is more moral and philosophical debate than this sort of book usually has. The first book only scratches the surface of the depth of this series. Faith and loss of faith is a key theme in the series, it's also more sciencey than most fantasy, at least in some later books, where the workings of spells are explored in more detail than you might expect.

- Until further notice!

- Unlimited, at least until further notice!

- All of these formats are available FREE from the Smashwords page:-
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Or you can download straight Kindle from:-

Amazon UK:
amazon.co.uk/Last-Dragon-Slayer-Death...

or Amazon US:
amazon.com/Last-Dragon-Slayer-Deathsw...

Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time to read and review! I really hope you enjoy it.

Martyn

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ravenscroft (valerieravenscroft) :O What a wonderful idea!
And so kind of you to wanna help indie writers! <3

So, yeah, I would like to participate ^_^

My book:
The Lighthouse Keeper
The Lighthouse Keeper by Valerie L. Ravenscroft

Summary:
Jonah wakes up in an unknown place, run by an unknown man who calls himself "Sticks". A new reality sets in: he is stranded on an island in the middle of the Atlantic. Waiting for a boat to come rescue him, Jonah takes part into the island's everyday routine but strange occurrences start to pile up and the truth becomes undeniable: this is no ordinary place.
And what had begun as a surreal dream will soon turn into an all-too-real nightmare.

Date of publication:
June 2016

Number of copies available:
I will limit this to five copies for now. If there are more people interested in reviewing it, I might add more :)

Formats available:
Epub and Mobi (Kindle)

message 4: by Anu (last edited Jul 14, 2016 05:40PM) (new)

Anu | 2 comments This is a fabulous idea.
I am interested in Participating in reviewing books.

Best Regards,
Anu Kaimal

message 5: by Saurav (new)

Saurav Chakraborty (sauravchakraborty) | 46 comments My Book: I & Garcia.

Goodreads page link:I & Garcia

Date of publication : 18th March 2016

Formats available: PDF

Number of copies available: 15 Copies.

Book preview:
Have we ever given a thought, what would happen if the books which we read and cherish have a secret unseen life within them?

Have we ever given a thought that the books which we keep in our homes and carry with us may have a very peculiar unseen form of liveliness within them.

what if those books are observing us everyday...living with us everyday...going through the same set of emotions as we go through?

what if, one day we no longer live, but they are there forever to tell our story to someone new who gets hold of them?

I & Garcia is a journey of the same thought.

About the book:
A country hit by an economic downturn... A continent torn apart by a war.... A nation on its path to Independence.....In between all these...A girl and a Book!

I & Garcia is a story of an extraordinary journey of an American Girl narrated by her favorite book.

How the destiny of a book changes upon being sold to a girl named Garcia and how the life of Garcia keeps on changing abruptly due to the constant historical events forms the major backdrop of the story.

Flowing through countries and continents, I & Garcia is everything that life is about !

The book is currently available on all Kindle Amazon websites.

Thanks and regards

message 6: by John (new)

John Brhel | 3 comments Marvelry's Curiosity Shop by John Brhel
Marvelry's Curiosity Shop

Date of publication: 7/26/16
Number of copies offering: 10
Formats available: PDF, mobi

message 7: by Joseph (last edited Aug 23, 2016 10:47AM) (new)

Joseph (josephjmiccolis) DAGMARTH: ESCAPE FROM PALMAR
Escape from Palmar (Dagmarth, #1) by Joseph J. Miccolis
Escape from Palmar

June 10, 2016

Copies available upon request

Unlimited copies

pdf, epub, mobi

message 8: by Rose (last edited Sep 14, 2016 01:48AM) (new)

Rose Rei | 3 comments Rush by Rose Rei Rush

Date of publication: 8/16/2016
Copies Available: Unlimited upon request
Format: pdf, epub
Genre: General Fiction
Description:
Montana Weiss planned her fairy tale wedding when she was twelve. Fifteen years later she found herself:
Struggling with a new job...
In a new neighborhood...
Not financially stable...
Still single and...
Rushing herself into life's success and happy ending that never seems to happen.
But moving to a new house might be the best decision she had...or not.

message 9: by M.C. (new)

M.C. Steve (mcsteve) | 1 comments Hi there, love this idea!
My first book is also permafree and would love to hear some feedback from reviewers :)

My book:
Diary of a Wimpy Zombie Book 1: First Day of Middle School
Diary of a Wimpy Zombie #1 by M.C. Steve

Summary:
It's the First Day of School and I Know It's Going to Be Epic!!

My name is Z, Z the zombie. I’m starting middle school this September, and I have no idea what the next few weeks will have in store for me. I have a funny feeling that my older brother, R, will try to cause some problems for me, but I’m going to try not to let it get me down. After all, I have my skeleton friend, Bonnie, and my zombie pigman friend, Trevor, to help me out of any hard spots that I might land myself into.

Who knows? I might even make another friend.

This school year will be my new start. I’ll try to make new friends, join a club, and annoy my older brother a little bit, too. I hope this school year is ready for me because I’m ready for it!

Date of publication:
June 2016

Number of copies available:
I will limit this to six copies for now. If there are more people interested in reviewing it, I'll possibly add more!

Formats available:
Epub, Mobi (Kindle), Paperback, and Audio

Free to download ebook on Amazon(All formats available in link):
https://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Zomb...

message 10: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Sun | 1 comments Sorrel and Myriana
Sorrel and Myriana by Evelyn Sun
Released July 22, 2016

Unlimited copies available upon request
Formats available: mobi, pdf, epub

message 11: by John (new)

John Brhel | 3 comments Marvelry's Curiosity Shop by John Brhel

My book: Marvelry's Curiosity Shop

Published: July 26, 2016

Available: Now

Number of copies: 10

Blurb: Retired stage magician Dr. Marvelry prefers to stock his antique store with strange and occult items. He has always enjoyed meeting odd people and hearing their stories, the legends attached to mysterious objects. A phonograph that seemingly replays a tragedy. Fertility dolls that are more than decoration. A bedeviled mannequin. These are just some of the relics this eccentric shopkeeper has collected over the years.

No two customers will have the same experience in his curiosity shop -- some walk away satisfied, others are never heard from again. But one thing is certain – when you purchase an item at this store, you often get more than what you paid for.

Follow Marvelry and his hexed objects through twelve tales of suspense, magic, terror, and transformation. Meet his new assistant, fellow illusionists, and some irregular characters along the way. Whatever macabre artifact of the human psyche you’re seeking – you’ll find something special in Marvelry’s Curiosity Shop.

message 12: by Cosmos (new)

Cosmos | 532 comments Sounds thrilling!

message 13: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
John wrote: "Marvelry's Curiosity Shop by John Brhel

My book: Marvelry's Curiosity Shop

Published: July 26, 2016

Available: Now

Number of copies: 10

Blu..."

I want to put this up, but I can't contact you for details. If you can please send me a message, it would be helpful :)

message 14: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka

TITLE: Environmentally Friendly

DATE OF PUBLICATION: March 5th, 2016

NUMBER OF COPIES OFFERING: 10

FORMATS AVAILABLE: Epub & Mobi/Kindle

message 15: by Yoana (new)

Yoana Valkanova | 36 comments Hi,

I would like to join in. My two books:

Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads:
In the Midst of War: The Story of the Red-Haired Stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Date of publication
July 1st 2015

Number of copies offering Unlimited

Formats available pdf

Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads:
The Heart of the Forest

Date of publication
Feb 13st 2016

Number of copies offering Unlimited

Formats available pdf

message 16: by John (new)

John Brhel | 3 comments Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads: At The Cemetery Gates: Year One
Date of publication/date when the review copies will be available: Oct. 27
Number of copies offering: 15
Formats available (eg: pdf, epub, mobi, kindle): PDF, mobi

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Baeringer (goodreadscomlabaeringer) | 24 comments Hello all! I have a newly released memoir and am looking for reviews. I would appreciate reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and Barnes and Noble.
I have 5 pdf copies to gift to anyone for an honest review.

Imagine becoming blind on one eye with no forewarning. imagine pain so excruciating it literally leaves you immobile. Imagine being hospitalized for losing so much weight that your body is in starvation mode. Now, imagine not knowing what's wreaking havoc on your own body. Lisa doesn't have to imagine. She lived it.

Follow the raw and emotional journey of a woman leading up to and even after her diagnosis. The sarcastic humor that's peppered throughout is what gives this book it's unusual levity. To keep it as brutally honest as possible the diary like format was retained.

Goodreads link for "Bet You Didn't Think MS Could Look This Good" https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 6 comments Hi there,
Do you like to read and review murder mysteries? Murder mysteries with a supernatural twist? GREYLOCK is a supernatural mystery in need of reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. I am happy to provide 4 ebooks for either Kindle or Nook.

Goodreads Link:
Greylock
Greylock by Paula Cappa

Greylock is a Chanticleer Book Award Winner, 2015.
Murder. Music. Mystery. Pianist Alexei Georg discovers an old sonata in a Russian sea chest. When he plays this music, a creature of darkness appears in the audience, in the aisle, and on the stage with him. This is no ghost. This menacing presence haunts Alexei relentlessly. From Boston's music society to the White Sea in Russia to Mt. Greylock.

"A plot replete with all the wonderful trappings of a romance-laced mystery with unexpected twists and turns.” U.S. Review of Books.

Contact me via personal message here at Goodreads, or via my website: paulacappa.wordpress.com Contact Me Page.

Thank you!
Paula Cappa

message 19: by Vyas (new)

Vyas Kumar | 1 comments The Avarice Effect

My debut novel is available in amazon for kindle. Would love to get some brutally honest reviews about it. I too would be pleased to help any new author out there the best I can.

It's a murder mystery where the only way to succeed and unravel the truth is by outsmarting your opponents.

Book available from 6-Dec-16
I am willing to provide five copies of book in PDF and Kindle

message 20: by Kayla (last edited Dec 13, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Kayla Marie | 5 comments Mended (Sweet Home Dixie # 1) by Kayla Marie Hi everyone. I have just published my first book and I'm looking for reviews (Amazon and Goodreads) from readers who enjoy contemporary romance novels. You can find Mended here: Mended

The love scenes are very mild and don't go into much detail. I would compare them to a rated PG-13 romantic comedy where there is no description of nudity or details about body parts.

My novel is called Mended and here is the book blurb:

Four years after her husband’s tragic and traumatic end, Ashley remains heartbroken and yearning for the man who left her behind. Desperate for healing and to break her teenage son’s newfound cycle of crime, she leaves the city for a small, sleepy town in southern Alabama hoping for a fresh start. There, she finds Wade, the charming, ever-genuine contractor who’s more than she bargained for.

Plagued by guilt when his younger brother goes to prison, Wade is consumed by his brother’s bleak future and his own personal demons.
There’s no room for love and happiness in his world. That is, until the beautiful widow with sad eyes and a troubled teenage son moves to town.

If only her heart didn’t belong to her past.
If only his past didn’t torment him.

One great love can transform their lives.
They need only to open their hearts.

Witty and heartfelt with just enough suspense and sizzle,
Mended is a story of hope amongst tragedy and the amazing ability of love to heal the deepest of wounds.

*I am offering 5 pdf copies to those who are interested. Feel free to comment here or personal message me if you'd like to volunteer! Thank you!

Mended (Sweet Home Dixie # 1) by Kayla Marie Here is Mended's book page: Mended

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Yutko (alyssayutko) | 3 comments I would love to review your book

message 22: by Kayla (last edited Dec 13, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Kayla Marie | 5 comments Thank you Alyssa! I will personal message you!

message 23: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Jana | 5 comments Hi! My book is "Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships across Differences" and it was published by Barrett-Koehler Publishers in November 2016. It's available on Amazon, Kindle, Audible, Target.com, 800CEOreads.com, and Barnes & Noble.

Here's the Goodreads link

Blurb:

Control, Conquer, and Prevail!

Everybody's biased. The truth is, we all harbor unconscious assumptions that can get in the way of our good intentions and keep us from building authentic relationships with people different from ourselves. Tiffany Jana and Matthew Freeman use vivid stories and fun (yes, fun!) exercises and activities to help us reflect on our personal experiences and uncover how our hidden biases are formed. By becoming more self-aware, we can control knee-jerk reactions, conquer fears of the unknown, and prevail over closed-mindedness. In the end, Jana and Freeman's central message is that you are

Endorsement:

“Tiffany Jana and Matthew Freeman take a tough issue that almost immediately raises everyone's defenses and break it down in simple and practical ways. They explore simple steps to overcoming bias tailored to individuals and small groups. Just as we want to improve our appearance, attitude, or prospects for success, we can improve our ability to engage with others without the blinders of bias blocking our path.”
-Vice Presidential Nominee, Tim Kaine

message 24: by Beata (new)

Beata Blitz | 1 comments Hello Hallie, Thank you for considering my book. :)

Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads

‘The Fallen Vampire’

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Available Now

Number of copies offering:

Mobi, Epub, Kindle, PDF

I’m giving away ARC review copies hoping to pick up some reviews here on Goodreads as well as your preferred online retailer. I’m giving away copies of my YA Romance prequel novella ‘The Fallen Vampire’ as well as the second book in the series, ‘Vampire & Outcast’, in exchange for an honest review.

If you’re interested, please PM me here on Goodreads with your email and I can send an .EPUB or .MOBI

This is a rather unusual vampire story in that it is set in an entirely new dystopian world. I have a long series planned and would be happy to find reviewers who want to read through the series.

******** SYNOPSIS ********

The Fallen Vampire (Flux & Firmament: The Cloud Lords, Prequel Part #1)

A freak accident at Chloe’s seventeenth birthday party reveals her psychic abilities, and the community responds by condemning her as a witch who must be burned alive. As she attempts to escape across the dystopian, war-ravaged territory of her homeland, she yearns for a chance to find refuge and acceptance.

On the run and haunted by ghosts from her past, Chloe finds herself at the center of a conflict between the warring factions of Cloud Lords, shape-shifters from another dimension, alternately revered as angels and reviled as demons by the subjugated human populace below.

A dispute between her people’s rulers, the virile Drakonin dragon shifters, and their sworn enemies, the night flying Vampirii, radically alters Chloe’s destiny when she brazenly intervenes in their struggle by sheltering a fallen warrior.

Chloe comes face-to-face with Aethan, a prince among the Vampirii, the most fearsome of the Cloud Lords, known for craving human blood. She will share a forbidden connection with Aethan that could ultimately lead to a place where her nascent power might bloom, provided she can survive the perilous events that will test the bounds of her resolve and love.

THE FALLEN VAMPIRE is the first volume in the FLUX & FIRMAMENT romance series for young adults. This epic adventure takes place in an entirely new universe—The Realm of the Cloud Lords, created by a catastrophic experiment at the Large Hadron Collidor, which has led to a fusion between our world and another dimension.

message 25: by Casey (last edited Jan 03, 2017 11:16AM) (new)

Casey Hays | 1 comments Title of the book and link to its page on Goodreads: The Scent of Lilac

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The Scent of Lilac (Arrow's Flight Novella #1) by Casey Hays
Date of publication: November 2015 - copies available now. Number of copies offering: 20
Formats available: pdf, epub, mobi

Note: This book is a spin-off novella from the main Arrow's Flight series, a YA dystopian series. The novella can definitely be read as a stand-alone as it has its own story line, but the main series is referenced and recommended for the overall well-rounded experience. Thank you!

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Baeringer (goodreadscomlabaeringer) | 24 comments Bet You Didn't Think MS Could Look This Good The Ramblings of a Medicated Mind by Lisa A. Baeringer

Kept in its original diary-like format, Lisa takes you through the day-to-day life of living with a rare incurable illness. The raw and brutal honest of her entries gives the reader a deeper and more realistic understanding of chronic illnessnes.

The sarcastic humor you find within her account is what gives this book its unusual levity that you dont find among other memoirs. A must read for anyone who's affected by a disease or knows someone who is.

Lisa has 5 pdf or epub copies to give away for an honest review here on Goodreads along with Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Message Lisa here on Goodreads or through email: labaeringer@yahoo.com Put Willing to Review in the subject line.

message 27: by Paul (new)

Paul Weil 50 copies available
YA Urban Fantasy/Magical Realism

Themis

Looking for people to read and review my newly released novel: Comment here or email me at: pauldweil@yahoo.com
I can send you a free PDF or MobiThemis of the released Kindle version.
cheers...

SARAH CASTLE is a young celebrity reporter from London who stumbles upon the mystery of twelve extraordinary teenagers. One of them is HENRY BAXTER, an eighteen year-old unknown runner who just won The London Marathon. She accepts a position as the public relations chief for their new charity—THE THEMIS FOUNDATION. Sarah experiences events that can only be described as supernatural; including a cottage that appears normal from the outside, but is infinitely large inside with doors that open all over the world. However, Sarah’s proximity to this extraordinary family might just get her killed. In THEMIS, Sarah discovers the family she desperately wants, a love she didn’t expect, and herself at the center of events that will change the destiny for all of humanity. Themis is the first part of a five book series that will take the reader on an adventure into ancient mythology, a fantastic mystery, and deep inside the most unusual family on Earth.

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy Alston | 1 comments Hi Hallie,

I'd like to offer my historical fiction, The Soul's Expression, for read-to-review

The Soul's Expression by Amy Alston

It was published on the 2nd of February, 2018. And I have six copies on offer in any of the e-formats (readers can let me know which is best for them).

Many thanks.

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Fitzgerald (vickifitzgerald) | 6 comments Hi there, what a wonderful idea! I am a debut crime thriller author and am looking for reviews for Briguella.

Briguella by Vicki Fitzgerald

Summary

After seven women fall victim to a serial killer, journalist Kate Rivendale becomes embroiled in the manhunt. The authorities have no suspect, only one forensic link dating way back to the 1930s.

Detective Chief Inspector William Beckley needs to salvage his career; he has too many deaths on his conscience. Beckley entices Kate to go undercover, a decision which backfires with devastating consequences.

While DCI Beckley reaches a horrifying conclusion about the murderer Kate enters a desperate fight for her life... while battling to keep her own secrets buried

Please see my page here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Book trailer https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1302...

- Available now

- Unlimited, at least until further notice

Formats available

- pdf, epub, mobi, kindle formats are available FREE. I can email them across

Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time to read and review! I really hope you enjoy it. Briguella by Vicki Fitzgerald

message 30: by Melody (new)

Melody Bremen (melodyjbremen) Hi, I'd like to offer a few copies of my middle grade contemporary book, The Boy Who Painted the World
The Boy Who Painted the World by Melody J. Bremen
Date of publication: July 2017
Number of copies offering: 6
Formats available (eg: pdf, epub, mobi, kindle): pdf, epub, mobi

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.