Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

All Fan Theories & Discussions > Sarah J Maas ~ Starkillers Cycle

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmine (last edited Jul 13, 2016 02:09AM) (new)

Jasmine Has anyone here read Sarah J. Maas and Susan Dennard's space opera online story, The Starkillers Cycle? Because that story is crazy good and I'm so upset that they haven't updated the story in forever (obviously because they are super busy, but still)

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine This is the link to their tumblr where it is posted:
The Starkillers Cycle

Annndd Chapter 1

Please note, that there is A LOT of swearing in this story. It's kinda like ACOMAF but worse I guess? It's a lot more raw than the normal Sarah J. Maas books.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Empress_Of_Books wrote: "Sorry, me under 18."

I don't think you have to be over 18 to read it though? Its just recommended (Unless they have some kind of age lock on it? Idk)

message 4: by Jasmine (last edited Jul 13, 2016 02:38AM) (new)

Jasmine Empress_Of_Books wrote: "Oh, yeah, it said you probably shouldn't read it if you're under 14."

Ah. Fair enough then.

After all it does say:
"This is an ADULT story. So, expect lots of cursing, violence, sexytimes. If you are a younger reader, BEWARE. This is meant for an older audience (18+)"

So if you're under 14 its probably best not to read it just yet.

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (thehigh-functioningfangirl) Thank you for posting the link! I'm off to read it as we speak (or type, technically)

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Ryan wrote: "Thank you for posting the link! I'm off to read it as we speak (or type, technically)"

No worries! Enjoy!

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (thehigh-functioningfangirl) I just finished chapter one, and man, oh man, was it good! I like how Mel curses as much as I do on an hourly basis. How did I not read this sooner?

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine YASSSS I KNOW HOW GOOD IS IT! I love all the characters that the story POVs from!

message 9: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine This sounds like State of Origin talk? Is this State of Origin talk? D:

message 10: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (thehigh-functioningfangirl) Is this an Australian thing? It sounds like an Australian thing

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Haha yeah State of Origin is a game of rugby league between 2 of Australia's states, New South Wales and Queensland. It's bigger than our normal rugby league and it gets VERY territorial

message 12: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (thehigh-functioningfangirl) Ah. That makes more sense now. Thank you for enlightening a non-Aussie.

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Haha you're welcome :)

message 14: by Noris (new)

Noris | 574 comments Owwww thanks for posting the link! Love ya!

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (unapologeticallya) | 62 comments I read all the chapters they have up a few months ago and I really wish they would update it! I understand why there haven't been any new chapters in so long bc SJM is crazy busy making 2-3 books a year these days, but it would be nice to have a new starkillers chapter every once in a while XD

message 16: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine I knowwwww meee tooo! I've just recently re-read them and they are sooo good. But yeah I totally understood that Sarah is swamped especially now that she's announced more books to ACOTAR and TOG! Seriously, my fave author ever.

message 17: by Nora (last edited Jul 16, 2019 11:19PM) (new)

Nora (hermajestynora) | 3 comments It's not that inappropriate... I mean, I'm way under 14 and I love the book (I'm just hoping that there's no smut in it - even if that's a lost cause).