Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > New books please

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 2 comments Hello I want some new books to read like the ones below I am in a reading slump I have some books that I have bought but I have not read any of them help on that would be good too.
Books I like
YA Paranormal Romance
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

YA Mystery/Thriller
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga Game (Jasper Dent, #2) by Barry Lyga Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, #3) by Barry Lyga

YA Spy
Agent 21 (Agent 21, #1) by Chris Ryan Agent 21 Reloaded (Agent 21, #2) by Chris Ryan Codebreaker (Agent 21, #3) by Chris Ryan Deadfall (Agent 21, #4) by Chris Ryan Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1) by Anthony Horowitz Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5) by Anthony Horowitz Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7) by Anthony Horowitz Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2) by Anthony Horowitz Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3) by Anthony Horowitz Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4) by Anthony Horowitz Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6) by Anthony Horowitz Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8) by Anthony Horowitz Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowitz

YA Action/Adventure( these may actually be middle grade just recommend books like them)
The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan

YA Fantasy
none recommend any please

YA Dystopia ( don't have to be zombies)
Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin, #2) by Jonathan Maberry Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin, #3) by Jonathan Maberry Fire & Ash (Rot & Ruin, #4) by Jonathan Maberry

I want either a series or a trilogy no stand alone books
Books on my TBR that I want help picking what to read
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor The Beginning Born at Midnight and Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #1-2) by C.C. Hunter The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

DO NOT RECCOMEND
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Raven by Allison van Diepen Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Also please recommend some new releases

message 2: by Squish (new)

Squish | 45 comments Have you read the Throne of Glass series?

message 3: by Sana (new)

Sana Zameer (sanazameer) Hi Cindee! I am listing some of my favorite books on my TBR. Hope this will help you.

YA Paranormal Romance
The Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hush Hush Saga
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare by Cassandra Clare

YA Mystery Thriller
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout by Jennifer L Armentrout
Dresden Files by Jim Butcher Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher
Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3) by Dan Brown Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown by Dan Brown

Haven't read any Spy books but I have the Jason Steed Series on my TBR
Fledgling (Jason Steed, #1) by Mark A. Cooper Revenge (Jason Steed, #2) by Mark A. Cooper Absolutely Nothing (Jason Steed #3) by Mark A. Cooper Royal Decree (Jason Steed #4) by Mark A. Cooper Face-Off (JASON STEED #5) by Mark A. Cooper

YA Action/ Adventure
The Inheritance Cycle
Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) by Christopher Paolini Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3) by Christopher Paolini Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) by Christopher Paolini
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

YA Fantasy
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo
Defy (Defy, #1) by Sara B. Larson Ignite (Defy, #2) by Sara B. Larson Endure (Defy, #3) by Sara B. Larson
Descendant Prophecies From Gods (Descendant Prophecies, #1) by Mary Ting From Deities (Descendant Prophecies, #2) by Mary Ting From Origin (Descendant Prophecies, #3) by Mary Ting From Titans (Descendant Prophecies #4) by Mary Ting
Lux Series Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

YA Dystopia
The Arcana Chronicles (this is my all time favorite series) Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) by Kresley Cole Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3) by Kresley Cole Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #0.5) by Kresley Cole Arcana Rising (The Arcana Chronicles, #4) by Kresley Cole
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion The New Hunger (Warm Bodies, #2) by Isaac Marion The Burning World (Warm Bodies, #3) by Isaac Marion

message 4: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 25 comments I second the other books by Jennifer L. Aremrntrout, they're all great books/series! I also second Angelfall!

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

As for the ones the ones on your TBR I personally haven't read any of them but I've heard a lot of good things about The Raven Boys.

message 5: by Sharla (new)

Sharla Read Miss Peregrine's Home For peculiar Children. It is very weird and wacky. It creeps you out a lot though