LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

The Story of Ferdinand
This topic is about The Story of Ferdinand
Book Clubs - general/business > The Story of Ferdinand

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Jul 12, 2016 08:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tracey (traceyrb) Week 3: July 15-21st
A sweet little story about a peaceable bull who would rather smell flowers than bull fighting. I studied Spanish at school and visited Spain many times, so the story meant more to me than if I hadn't.

Katrina Lybbert | 72 comments This was a nice story. I liked it. I think a message I got from it was that even if you are different from everyone around you, be happy with who you are.

Tracey (traceyrb) Yes, not to let others define you and chose the rules by which you live your life.

Rosemary Markham This has always been one of my favorite stories. It is okay to be yourself whatever that may be. Maybe that's why it is a classic book. It has a lasting message.

Tracey (traceyrb) Rosemary wrote: "This has always been one of my favorite stories. It is okay to be yourself whatever that may be. Maybe that's why it is a classic book. It has a lasting message."

Spot on Rosemary. That is the definition of a classic in my view. A book that has eternal values. This book seems to me to be saying that we need to be true to the inner light and not be classified according to the worlds definitions. To follow the Light of Christ and not the demands of the world.