Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

What Alice Forgot
This topic is about What Alice Forgot
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty → Start Date: July 18th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments Sarah and I
Feel free to join us!

** NOT YA

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have had this book for several years, so I'll join; however, I'm already WAY behind so I'll still be behind. I have the orange cover version.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments I have the orange cover version too! I actually bought it again because I didn't recognize the cover! lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I've done that a few times, Trisha.

I'm bummed because I forgot this book at home.

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I checked out the orange cover version. And yes, Vicki, I'm behind too so it's all good, lol!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol I thought I had my act together! Lol

message 7: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments So many books, so little time!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments So true!

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments finally starting!

My copy has 35 chapters

I plan to come back every 10

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds good!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments 10 chapters

Wow, I can not even imagine losing 10 years and waking up realizing just how much has changed

Elizabeth(view spoiler)

Nick(view spoiler)

Kids(view spoiler)

message 12: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I need to start this still. I fail. :'( work has been killing me this week. Please pray if you pray, lol. I was down in the floor bending and straightening the shelves of books and today, I feel it in my legs. I can barely walk. So much pain. Tomorrow (Thursday)however, is my Friday. I'll probably start tonight when I get home!

Sarah Goodner (sarahgoodner) | 298 comments I actually just started this book yesterday, as well. May I join you?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah, I'll pray for you!

Sarah Goodner, we'd love it if you join. :)

message 15: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Thank you. I have been having a lot of family stuff going on too. It's been the worst summer...ever. I start school on the 15th of August and I've not had much time to myself because working and everything going on. It's been rough and miserable. :(

Sarah Goodner (sarahgoodner) | 298 comments I'm on Ch. 26 and I'm having trouble putting it down in order to get anything else done. I love Liane Moriarty! This is the third book of hers I've read.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah wrote: "Thank you. I have been having a lot of family stuff going on too. It's been the worst summer...ever. I start school on the 15th of August and I've not had much time to myself because working and ev..."

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear that! I know from our PM's to each other that things have been hard for you. Hang in there and know that there is a rainbow at the end of the storm. But I will definitely be praying for you! I hope you get some relief soon. :o)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm on Ch. 26 and I'm having trouble putting it down in order to get anything else done. I love Liane Moriarty! This is the third book of hers I've read."

Which of her books have you read? I didn't even realize she is the author of this book! LOL I have only read Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty but I loved both of them and gave them 5 stars, so I have high hopes for this one!

message 19: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I've read Big Little Lies. They are making it a tv show. I loved it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Are you serious?? Do you know when and what it'll be called?

Sarah Goodner (sarahgoodner) | 298 comments I've read Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret. As a parent of a Kindergarten student, Big Little Lies cracked me up!

message 22: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I think it'll be titled after the book and it's supposed to come out on HBO! It's supposed to premiere next year.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh shoot! We don't get HBO.

message 24: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I don't either. Hmmm... We can figure something out before next year, I'm sure. The Internet may have the episodes somewhere for us to watch...

message 25: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Just read the first chapter before trying to get some sleep. It reminds me so much of a desperate housewives episode so far with how it ended....lol!!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments The internet? Good idea!

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments I'm so sorry Sarah. I hope things start getting easier for you. But sleep is good, start this whenever :)

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments so I'm 23 chapters
sorry, it was just impossible to stop at 20.... :)

Nick(view spoiler)

and(view spoiler)

Alice(view spoiler)

Elizabeth(view spoiler)

Gina(view spoiler)

this book is soo sooo good

Sarah Goodner (sarahgoodner) | 298 comments I finished! I actually didn't mean to finish it this quickly, but I stayed up till midnight last night. It was wonderful!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments I was up until just after 3 am last night reading this one! isn't it good?
I'm almost done and loving it!

so glad you did too, Sarah!

message 31: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments @Vicki yes! I use it sometimes to catch up on shows!

@Trisha, thank you so much! I hope things get easier too. I need something good to happen.

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 05, 2016 07:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments through 28 chapters

I'm(view spoiler)

Elizabeth(view spoiler)

Maddison(view spoiler)

party(view spoiler)
Alice(view spoiler)

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31444 comments I'm done

My heart(view spoiler)

I love(view spoiler)

Elizabeth(view spoiler)

I loved this one, absolutely loved it!
Please tell me you guys want to read another of her books next :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I definitely want to!!

message 35: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I'm on chapter 8. Enjoying this so far. It moves so fast. Sorry I haven't had time to update. It's been one thing after another. Busy at work, busy at home, busy getting ready for back to school...Busy, busy, busy!