Write, Wrote, Written II discussion

Rose2's Writing > Under Our Eyes; Prologue

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (last edited Jul 12, 2016 02:26PM) (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 32 comments POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING

Prologue
Hailie's Song

"Sometimes I sit, staring out the window, watching the world pass me by."

The sky was so full of stars, and yet the moon was hidden beneath clouds. Cool wind blew through the cracked window of the trailer, causing the young girl and emaciated woman to shiver. The child was wrapped in blankets, and the woman sat above her, her thin lips parted slightly and letting the simple notes of music out to satisfy the girl.

"Sometimes I think there's nothing to live for, I almost break down and cry."

Her eyes. Oh, her eyes. And that fucking girl. That poor, sweet girl. The woman stopped, and coughed into her head. A small blob of phlegm landed on the girl's blanket, and she looked disgusted. "Keep singing, Ma!" The woman obliged

"Sometimes I think I'm crazy, I'm crazy, oh so crazy. Why am I here? Am I just wasting my time?"

The woman brushed a string of blonde hair off of the girl's face. She laughed, a laugh as gentle as a summer breeze. How could such a sweet girl come from the woman? God. Dear god. And the silence was broken once more, this time by a flycatcher. Three chirps, and then nothing. "Keep singing, Ma!" The woman obliged.

"But then I see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy. It all makes sense when I look into her eyes."

And then a gunshot. And then nothing. The woman's head whipped back, the girl clutched the blankets. "Ma? Ma, keep singing". The woman stayed silent. "Stay still." She jumped to her feet and shut the window. Another gunshot. A scream. "Ma?" The woman obliged

"Sometimes it feels like the world's on my shoulders. Everyone's leanin' on me. Cause sometimes it feels like the world's almost over, but then she comes back to me"

Her voice shook. And the wind kept blowing.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 32 comments All comments, questions and suggestions are welcome!