I Read Comic Books discussion

What other podcasts do you listen to?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 639 comments Mod
Straightforward: Comic-related or not, what other podcasts do you listen to?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 576 comments Mod
Mike wrote: "Straightforward: Comic-related or not, what other podcasts do you listen to?"

I listen to NPR show podcasts like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Science Friday. I'm not sure if that counts, since they're originally made for live radio, but while I'm perpetually meaning to check out other podcasts, I rarely do :/

message 3: by kaitlphere (new)

kaitlphere | 228 comments Mod
Lore, My Favorite Murder, Campaign Podcast, and occasionally The History of English, Cracked, and Too Old For This.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments Lore, Campaign, The Black Tapes, Serial, The Cracked Podcast, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I really enjoy the "this is real" fictional podcasts, which is what drew me to The Black Tapes. It reminds me a lot of early Welcome to Nightvale, before that became a relationship drama instead of a fake news show.

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments Now that I'm caught up on IRCB, I've started reading Only the Valiant. I just listened to part 1 of an interview that talks a lot about coloring in comics. I highly recommend it if you're interested in how the coloring process has changed or Marvel/Valiant history.

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/18/

message 6: by Kate (new)

Phillip wrote: "Now that I'm caught up on IRCB, I've started reading Only the Valiant. I just listened to part 1 of an interview that talks a lot about coloring in comics. I highly recommend it if you're intereste..."

This sounds really cool!

I've finally started listening to more podcasts. I love Limetown, In the Dark, and The Night Time Podcast.

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments I listen to a bunch of Nerdy things

Jay and Miles X-Plain the X men, where the x-Perts go and in mostly chronological order talk about the X-books of the time and try to untangle the x-Goodness

How did this get made? - watch bad movies and talk about em

Fatman on Batman cuz Batman and Kevin Smith

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert | 46 comments I listen to several comic book related podcasts

The Comic Conspiracy - mostly Marvel and DC discussion, all guys. My LCS, so I know these guys personally.
Too Many Comics - couple of guys comic-ing on a podcast. Reviews and commentary on industry news.
Talking Comics - even mix of indy and big-2 comics, good cast of men and women
Contest of Challengers - weekly show about the comics industry, by two guys who own a shop in Chicago. More interesting than you'd think.

After IRCB, these are my favorites. There are 5 or 6 others I have on back up if I'm all caught up on the ones above and need something to listen too.

message 9: by kaitlphere (new)

kaitlphere | 228 comments Mod
Robert wrote: "I listen to several comic book related podcasts

The Comic Conspiracy - mostly Marvel and DC discussion, all guys. My LCS, so I know these guys personally.
Too Many Comics - couple of guys comic-in..."

I will have to check some of these out! All the other comics podcasts I once listened to either stopped recording or turned into something else. I loved Too Old For This until it became all about wrestling. Thanks for sharing!

message 10: by Ryan Lowery (new)

Ryan Lowery Comic Geek Speak - Major Spoilers - The Comics Alternative - iFanboy. These are all great and, for the most part, pretty comic book centric.

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 7 comments I listen to The Podcast by Book Riot it's about all kinds of bookish news. Sometimes it's comic book related but usually not.

And I listen to Duolingo's Spanish podcast. It is stories told half in Spanish and half in English.

message 12: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments It's been awhile since I caught up with them, but there's a podcast with Trace Boileau and Frank Coniff (sorry if I've mangled the names) called "Movie Sign with the Mads" (they played the mad scientists on Mystery Science Theater 3000):

https://soundcloud.com/user-340711944

Glancing at the list, they do a lot of comic book movies.

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul (ohhipaulie) | 38 comments My second favorite comic book podcast (after IRCB, of course) is Wait, What?. Co-hosts Jeff Lester and Graeme McMillan have really great chemistry as they discuss comics news and recent reads; it's just like listening to a conversation between two friends. Plus they cover a pretty wide variety of stuff from the Big 2, Image, indie and mini comics, manga, and lots of 1970's Marvel.

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kelly wrote: "I listen to The Podcast by Book Riot it's about all kinds of bookish news. Sometimes it's comic book related but usually not...."

Me too! That's my favorite book podcast.