Beta / Proof Readers discussion

General > Question

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (puzzleguy) | 1 comments I am a bit puzzled by the intended focus of this group. The name of the group is "Beta/Proof Readers" and the blurb at the top of the page says "I am hoping that in creating this group I can help writers find someone to proof read their book." But that seems to be the last mention anywhere of proofreading. All of the discussions seem to be aimed at beta reading (for which there is already a much larger and more active group).

What am I missing? Where would a writer post a request for proofreading help?

message 2: by Remi (new)

Remi Adesokan | 3 comments Hello people, I am looking for two betas who can read my book. It is 50k mystery suspence thriller with a touch of sad comedy. My email is ademikky@yahoo.com if you are interested please. Blurb: Raj is a fallen journalist who is on a desperate quest to get his groove back and when he witnesses a bizzare judicial situation, he can't help but dig deeper, the further he digs the more confusing and twisted the matters become, leaving along dead bodies, bruised ego and ultimately revealing frightening things people will do for love and money.

message 3: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 8 comments Ralph,

I just think that most people are just needing help with beta readers instead of just proofreading. What were you wanting help proofreading?

-Dakota

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 301 comments Mod
Ralph,
If this is the definition you have in mind for proofreading:

"It's the very last step of the writing process after drafting, editing, and revising. To proofread is to look at the little details of a piece of writing, such as spelling, word choice, formatting, and sentence structure. When you proofread, you look for errors and fix them."

Then you can ask here if there is anyone willing to perform that service for free because some people looking eventually to move into this service professionally will do it for free to get references and practice.

If you want to pay for this service, then you can visit the discussions in the service folders (link below) and seek out a proofreader who will charge you.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...