Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts discussion

Nominations > September Nominations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 304 comments Nominations for September are open until 18 July. Limited to two nominations per member. Nominations can be for any classic written by a woman and do not need to be seconded. Please indicate whether or not you will be able to lead the discussion if your book wins.

message 2: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 435 comments I would like to nominate Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own and I would be happy to lead the discussion.

message 3: by Mélanie (new)

Mélanie | 9 comments I would like to nominate Lady Audley's Secret. I will not be able to lead the discussion though.

message 4: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 126 comments Mélanie wrote: "I would like to nominate Lady Audley's Secret. I will not be able to lead the discussion though."

I read it in the beginning of the year and really enjoyed it.

message 5: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 126 comments I'd like to nominate Hester and Thelma for purely selfish reasons. At the start of the year I thought it would be a good idea to read a book by a new to me female author set in each decade since 1800 ( it seemed like a good idea over the December holidays!) and for some reason 1880 is particularly challenging. Either of these would meet the requirement and since they are both new authors to me, I hope somebody else would also like to try a new author.

message 6: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ (last edited Jul 14, 2016 04:10PM) (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 373 comments I've already ready Lady Audley's Secret (Carolien recommended it to me! :) ) & it was great.

I'm not nominating this month as I am very interested in at least 2 of the other nominations. :)

message 7: by Anastasia Kinderman, The Only (new)

Anastasia Kinderman | 661 comments Mod
Carolien wrote: "I'd like to nominate Hester and Thelma for purely selfish reasons. At the start of the year I thought it would be a good idea to read a book by a new to me female autho..."

I love your idea!

message 8: by Mélanie (new)

Mélanie | 9 comments Carolien wrote: "Mélanie wrote: "I would like to nominate Lady Audley's Secret. I will not be able to lead the discussion though."

I read it in the beginning of the year and really enjoyed it."

Sweet!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

There are such great nominations here that I'm not even going to nominate anything. Voting for one will be the hard part. :)

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 0 comments All of these are great choices but I would like to nominate:
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall I would be happy to lead if nominated

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Tracey wrote: "All of these are great choices but I would like to nominate:
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall I would be happy to lead if nominated"

I've been wanting to read this one. Good choice!

message 12: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Morris | 1266 comments Mod
As everyone is probably getting their "Tenant of Wildfell Hall" books, watch out that you are able to get the complete book. It should start as a letter to a friend.

The 99 cent copy on Amazon isn't complete.

I have the Collin's classic edition for my nook and that was complete. Also the paperback Wordsworth Editions were complete.

message 13: by Anastasia Kinderman, The Only (new)

Anastasia Kinderman | 661 comments Mod
Charlene wrote: "As everyone is probably getting their "Tenant of Wildfell Hall" books, watch out that you are able to get the complete book. It should start as a letter to a friend.

The 99 cent copy on Amazon is..."

I got the Penguin edition, that appears to be complete.

message 14: by Viv (new)

Viv JM | 81 comments Yes, I have the Penguin copy too. Really looking forward to reading this one.