Perustopia Book Club discussion

In which House are you? Ilvermorny/Hogwarts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Anabell (last edited Jul 12, 2016 08:06AM) (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Have some of you done the sorting ceremony yet?
Ilvermorny is now avaible too.
How do you feel about it? Do you think it is the right decision?

For Hogwarts, I am a Slytherin. First it was a little shock for me, because I always grew up thinking "Gryffindor is the only good house, all good people are in it, all other houses have big failures." But now I am a proud Slytherin, best house ever :D I realized that it really fits to me, I am not evil, but ambitous and cunning and just not as noble as a Hufflepuff or Gryffindor would be.

But then I made the Ilvermorny test and I got Wampus.
I read on bustle that Wampus matches with Gryffindor and I thought it was so diffrent from being Slytherin that I made the test three times. Wampus, all the time. I read what Wampus is about and it just don't fit to me. I am not a "warrior", I feel more like a person who is in background, watching everything, thinking and enjoying :D

Gryffindor - Wampus
Slytherin - Thunderbird
Hufflepuff - Pukwudgie
Ravenclaw - Horned Serpent
(bustle.com says that, don't know if it's true, but I think it fits)

So do your two houses fit? Or do you feel kinda wrong sorted like me?

AND SHOW ME YOUR HOUSE PRIDE GUYS! WHICH ONE IS THE BEST ONE?

message 2: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I am Ravenclaw. I have not had time to do the Ilvermorny one yet. I think Ravenclaw sums me up very well. I am dedicated to learning new things and love reading. I am quite a logical person and am good at blending into crowds not being fearless and act as a leader as Gryffindors or Slytherthin's do. I know it sounds horrible but I try to avoid people as much as possible unlike Hufflepuff's who will do what they can for anyone.

message 3: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) I haven't done the ilvermorny house test yet, but my Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw. #ProudToBeARavenclaw

message 4: by giovanna (new)

giovanna | 19 comments Horned Serpent/ Hufflepuff

message 5: by Lara C. (new)

Lara C. (larareadsya) I got sorted into Gryffindor and Wampus

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Slytherin and Thunderbird. slytherin is by far the best house because without it the books would be boring because there would be no villain and Hermione would have no one to punch in the face.

message 7: by May (new)

May | 50 comments I've done a lot of sortings on the Internet but I am always Slytherin or Ravenclaw.
So I guess I am a Slytherclaw..

message 8: by McKayla (new)

McKayla  Morris | 34 comments I'm a Slytherin and a Thunderbird

message 9: by Becca (new)

Becca | 17 comments I'm a Ravenclaw and a Thunderbird. I don't think that any of the houses match up to the Hogwarts houses because that is the whole point of the Ilvermorny houses - they represent different things to Hogwarts, otherwise, what is the point of having separate houses with separate names?

message 10: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Becca wrote: "I'm a Ravenclaw and a Thunderbird. I don't think that any of the houses match up to the Hogwarts houses because that is the whole point of the Ilvermorny houses - they represent different things to..."

I agree, they are something diffrent, but I still think that there are definetly some similarities, for example favours Horned Serpent scholars, that really sounds like Ravenclaw for me. Same with Wampus, their Warriors and Gryffindor.

And I mean she created that world, she could create 6,7, 1000 houses for the USA , it's pretty obvious that people start looking for similarities when there are also 4 houses again :)

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephiereads) | 59 comments Slytherin and Thunderbird here!! :)

I'm content with both of my houses, at first I didn't want or like Thunderbird, but it has grown on me :)

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Morgan | 12 comments I'm a Ravenclaw and a Thunderbird

message 13: by Cw (new)

Cw (cwlean) | 4 comments Gryffindor and Thunderbird!

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) I'm a Ravenclaw and a Pukwudgie

message 15: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Brittany Me too, you know, it's weird. I've always considered myself a Hufflepuff and I even got that on the old quiz I got Hufflepuff, but I guess I'm a Ravenclaw now. I'm not complaining though because I like that house

message 16: by Ema (new)

Ema Janeska | 156 comments For my hogwarts house I got sorted into Gryffindor

message 17: by Ema (new)

Ema Janeska | 156 comments For my ilvermorny house I got sorted in to horned serpent

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) Lilia wrote: "@Brittany Me too, you know, it's weird. I've always considered myself a Hufflepuff and I even got that on the old quiz I got Hufflepuff, but I guess I'm a Ravenclaw now. I'm not complaining though ..."

I was sorted into Hufflepuff on the old Pottermore to! I'm not complaining ether I like both houses.

message 19: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments Ravenclaw / Horned Serpent

Also!! The houses overlap rather than match up perfectly

message 20: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments I feel like Wampus can be both gryffindor and slytherin, pottermore describes thunderbirds as "adventurers" which gives me gryffindor feels

message 21: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Brittany Yeah, although tbh I like Ravenclaw more and I've been thinking of myself as one even though I knew I was Hufflepuff, but now I'm a Ravenclaw so I'm happy

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma  (emmaelizabethgrace) | 27 comments All the good secrets come Deep from inside

message 23: by Ryan (last edited Jul 12, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Ryan (thehigh-functioningfangirl) I'm a Ravenclaw and a Horned Serpent, though I haven't found anyone else who's in the same two houses as me yet

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 15 comments I'm a Ravenclaw/Thunderbird (J. K. Rowling is a Thunderbird as well so I guess I will be seeing her in the common room). And by the way J. K. Rowling said herself that you should not try to compare the Hogwarts and Ilvermorny houses :)

message 25: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) I'm a Hufflepuff and a Horned Serpent. :)

message 26: by Kimberlyn (new)

Kimberlyn (sarcasticghosty) | 19 comments Brittany wrote: "I'm a Ravenclaw and a Pukwudgie"

Me too!

message 27: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (emotionallbooks) | 31 comments I'm in Ravenclaw and Pukwudgie.

message 28: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) i was first sorted into ravenclaw (i took the test three times because i wanted to make sure and everytime i turned out ravenclaw) and after that i was sorted into horned serpent twice (out of another three times and the last one into wampus) and i feel like both houses fit me so perfectly though i do have some of the features like being ambitious, adventurous and friendly - ive just always been so keen on knowing everything so i do believe the sorting did a great job although it could possibly only be a coincidence...

message 29: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) my brother however was first sorted into slytherin which he grew really proud of and later into griffendore but i think its still a close match because slytherin and griffendore are alike in many many ways. his illvermorny house was thunderbird

message 30: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) however, i believed thunderbird to equal griffendire because they represent the adventureres and i think warriors fit better with slytherin...

message 31: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks Gryffindor and Thunderbird. I think Thunderbird matches Gryffindor pretty well too, we are adventurers as well.
Either way, I think both houses match me well.

message 32: by Amber (new)

Amber | 31 comments I'm Ravenclaw and Thunderbird :)

message 33: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) Hufflepuff and thunderbird.

message 34: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Mackenzie wrote: "I haven't done the ilvermorny house test yet, but my Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw. #ProudToBeARavenclaw"

I took the test and I am a Pukwudgie! :)

message 35: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Chloe wrote: "I'm in Ravenclaw and Pukwudgie."

:)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Slytherin/Horned Serpent. A snake to the core I guess.

message 37: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments I was sorted into thunderbird but horned serpent is more me I was stuck when I heard scholars

message 38: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Kim | 74 comments My Hogwarts House is Ravenclaw & my Ilvermorny House is Thunderbird :)

message 39: by MJ (new)

MJ | 6 comments I'm Slytherin and Pukwudgie. :)

message 40: by Loga (new)

Loga (loga_priya) | 2 comments Sorted into Hufflepuff and Pukwudgie :)

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I'm Ravenclaw and Pukwudgie :)

message 42: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Leek | 21 comments I'm Ravenclaw and Thunderbird!

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dallalio | 75 comments I'm Ravenclaw and Thunderbird

message 44: by Abby (new)

Abby Bratcher (abby75544) | 9 comments I'm Ravenclaw and Wampus!

Haven't seen many Wampus people let alone this combination.

message 45: by Hita (new)

Hita | 169 comments Ravenclaw and Thunderbird

message 46: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments I'm a Slytherin and a Wampus. Proud to be both as well.

message 47: by Sitti (new)

Sitti Malika | 2 comments I'm Hufflepuff and Pukwudgie!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a Hufflepuff and a Horned Serpent

message 49: by Eric (new)

Eric Forteza Gryffindor and Thunderbird

message 50: by thomas (new)

thomas lagloire :) | 15 comments Slytherin and Thunderbird:)

« previous 1 3 4