What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book about monsters who move into a derelict house

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new)

K Smart | 4 comments Hi. I read a children's book in the early to mid 80s about a monster who moves into a derelict house because he is not welcome anywhere. He is joined by other monsters. They renovate the house and it becomes the smartest house on the street. I was obsessed with it as a young child and would love to find it again. The book was physically quite small, only a few inches tall and wide, though it was reasonably thick. The cover was white with an illustration of a house façade with pillars (I think). That's as much as I can remember. I can't remember the title or author. Thanks.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Was this a picture book or chapter book?
Were the illustrations colorful, realistic, cartoony, full page, etc?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by K (new)

K Smart | 4 comments Hi. It was a chapter book with a reasonable amount of writing on each page. The illustrations were colourful and cartoony, they took up part if each page, I don't think there was an illustration on each page. I think it was set in the uk somewhere and was present day (so 1980s). It wasn't part of a series. Really I don't remember anything very specifically, I have a sense if it more than anything. Thanks.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Monster Looks for a House by Ellen Blance turned up, but it's only 25 pages long.

message 5: by K (new)

K Smart | 4 comments Just looked that up. It's not the one unfortunately. But thanks kris for your help.

message 6: by Noah (new)

Noah | 8 comments A monster calls by Patrick ness

message 7: by K (new)

K Smart | 4 comments That's not it either I'm afraid. Thanks though Noah.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
K, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Monster Looks for a House (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ellen Blance (other topics)